Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Disabling polling for all objects in OPM 7.1

Jim_Robertson

Is there a way to disable polling in OPM 7.1?  The customer I'm working with has setup a new server for OCUM 7.3, but doesn't want to lose the historical performance information it has stored in the old OPM 7.1 server (both are OVAs).  We tried to import the data into 7.3, but ran into repeated failures, so decided to move forward so that we could get OnTap upgraded.

Currently, they both appear to be working fine, but I'm concerned about the load on the clusters from two different OnCommand instances polling them.  So, I'd prefer to disable the polling on OPM 7.1, but keep it around for historical reference until the data ages out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rajeshl

Simplest and easy solution would be to stop the  Acquisition service. By doing Acquisition stop we will not get both Configurations [Healt or Fundation] Data and Performation Data. You will still be able to access Web UI and maintenance Console.

To stop Acquisition Service.

1]Need root access, enable root access if not enabled

2]Then run below command

service ocieau stop

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rajeshl

Simplest and easy solution would be to stop the  Acquisition service. By doing Acquisition stop we will not get both Configurations [Healt or Fundation] Data and Performation Data. You will still be able to access Web UI and maintenance Console.

To stop Acquisition Service.

1]Need root access, enable root access if not enabled

2]Then run below command

service ocieau stop

Jim_Robertson

Thanks, Rajeshl.  I will give that a try once I can get a change approved and I'll let you know if it works.

rajeshl

Thanks. Keep us posted.

Jim_Robertson

Thanks, @rajeshl, this worked like a charm!  The polling has been stopped, but I can still view the historical data.  Do you know if there is a way to prevent the service from being restarted if the virtual appliance gets rebooted?  I looked at that service, and it looks like there are a lot of dependencies.

For anyone else viewing this thread, this KB article shows how to access the OnCommand Virtual Machine DIAG shell:
https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1030670

Public