Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Failed to create the Active Directory machine account ': Message: Cannot have empty password.

aselvan

Hi,

Sorry for the Dump question. I'm trying to run the certified SVM creation WorkFlow . Everything works apart from CIFS . I've been getting the error as "Failed to create the Active Directory machine account 'test3' for the Storage Virtual Machine test3. Message: Cannot have empty password" . I did provide all the Inputs such as

$ADAccountName = name of the account

$ADAdminPassword = user password

$ADAccountName = user name

$ADDomainName = Domain at which account would be created

But still missing , Appreciate any pointers

Thanks

Aravindhan S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aselvan

Hi All,

Rather than providing credentials via input variables . Adding DC credetials to the wfa did the trick.

Regards

Aravindhan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mbeattie

Hi,

Could you please post the exact WFA error Log entries? Have you checked that the credentials entered in WFA for the domain are correct and have permissions to create computer objects in Active Directory?

/matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

aselvan

This the error log which I get " Failed to create the Active Directory machine account ': Message: Cannot have empty password"

yes i did verify the credentials by creating the AD account  manually via CLI.

sinhaa

@ I'm trying to run the certified SVM creation WorkFlow

----

What is the workflow name? There are multiple create SVM workflows in WFA Sample workflows.

Also provide your workflow execution logs.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

aselvan

Hi All,

Rather than providing credentials via input variables . Adding DC credetials to the wfa did the trick.

Regards

Aravindhan

Public