Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Function / command to append data to config files (rc, hosts...)?

solal

Hi guys.

are you aware of / used before a function or command to append new data to configuration files (i.e like /etc/usermap.cfg and /etc/passwd) in WFA?

Thanks in advance,

Solal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arndt

I wrote a command to add an SSH publickey to a 7 Mode storage system, and I used API calls that just append to a file to get this done:

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-29903

You could copy the above command and modify it to meet your needs.  Hope that helps,

Mike

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

adaikkap

Hi Solal,

Can you elaborate on what you are trying to do and why you need this ? This may help understand the need better and propose other solutions as well.

Regards

adai

arndt

I wrote a command to add an SSH publickey to a 7 Mode storage system, and I used API calls that just append to a file to get this done:

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-29903

You could copy the above command and modify it to meet your needs.  Hope that helps,

Mike

solal

Thanks guys.

I got another example from Anatoly that really helped as well:

You can use ONTAP toolkit cmdlets Read-NcDirectory, Read-NcFile, Write-NcFile inside the command in WFA in order to do it

Example:

# connect to controller

Get-WFALogger -Info -message $("Connecting to " + $Cluster)

Connect-WfaCluster $Cluster

Read-NcDirectory -Path /vol/vs1_root/.vsadmin/config/etc -VserverContext vs1

Read-NcFile -Path /vol/vs1_root/.vsadmin/config/etc/master.passwd -VserverContext vs1

$data = "nobody2:*:65535:65535::::::"

Write-NcFile -Path /vol/vs1_root/.vsadmin/config/etc/master.passwd -Data $data -Append -VserverContext vs1

sinhaa

Thanks for sharing Solal. Very useful information.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

solal

That's my final one that works in a workflow:

param (

[parameter(Mandatory=$true, HelpMessage="Array name or IP address")]

[string]$Array,

[parameter(Mandatory=$true, HelpMessage="Full path to filer or vfiler requested file, example: hosts")]

[string]$FilePath,

[parameter(Mandatory=$true, HelpMessage="New Line to enter to the configuration file. One line at a time.")]

[string]$LineEntered

)

# connect to controller

Connect-WfaController -Array $Array

$rootvol=Get-NaVolRoot

$fullpath="/vol/" + $rootvol.Name + "/etc/" + $FilePath

# Write the line to the file.

Write-NaFile -Path $fullpath -Append -Data $("`n" + "$LineEntered" + "`n")

# End of Command

Vinu

Hi Solal,

I am not able to append data in configuration files like as /etc/rc, /etc/hosts, /etc/exports...etc,    i am trying to go through your attachment but it is not opening .

So please tell me how can i append data in files.

Is there any command for copying and creating files and directories like as cp and mkdir?

Regards

Vinod

Public