Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

GlobalRead access issue

HASMIK_HAYRAPETYAN

Hi All,

I have created a separate user for the machine where I have DFM server installed. Then added this user as administrative user in DFM Web console and assigned it GlobalRead permission.

Now I am trying to connect to the DFM server with that user. When I use Web console, I can see all the information in Web UI, bet when I use the same user to connect to the server through DFM API, I get following exception:

netapp.manage.NaAPIFailedException: User XXXX does not have permission to proxy the API lun-list-info to host YYYY. (errno=22256)

When I assign GlobalFullControl role to the user instead of GlobalRead role, the issue is gone and I can get data.

What I need is to be able to retrieve data through user with GlobalRead permission, which seems is possible.

Can anyone help me with this? Do I need to do some additional configuration on DFM side?

Thanks a lot for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: GlobalRead access issue

HASMIK_HAYRAPETYAN

I want to add another important point here that I missed.

I am using DFM API api-proxy to call ontap-api's lun-list info function. And the error I get is related to that call.

Re: GlobalRead access issue

BALAJI_VENKATRAMAN

Hello Hasmik,

Did you find out anything how to avoid the below error and still continue with the  GlobalRead permission.

Even I have a similar case wherein my developer team gets the same error as below.

2014-08-12 15:59:02,847 ERROR [pool-21-thread-1] NetAppOntapiNfsExportsService5: NetApp - Unable to obtain Nfs Exports for Device Name: <vfiler name> Id: 5279.  NaAPIFailedException. THIRD_PARTY_ERROR: User svcstg_infradev does not have permission to proxy the API nfs-exportfs-list-rules to host 168437. (errno=22256).

The user with which they run their API calls was having GlobalRead access and it CANT be promoted for GlobalFullControl.

Please advice.

balaji

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public