Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Grafana Graphite netapp-harvest and moving volumes across controllers (C-DOT)

dryan0211

After volume moves the data does not reflect the position of the moved volume on the controller. The data still shows the volume as being on the old controller. Data is being shown on the dashboard for the volume. Is there a wait to force an update or should the volume move be reflected in the data automatically?

2 REPLIES 2

madden

Hi @dryan0211

Graphite uses a tree hierarchy for managing metrics and Harvest places volumes under SVM.  Here is an example:

netapp.perf.nl.nltl-infra-vmware.svm.svm-vmware-prod.vol.nltl_infra_nfs01.avg_latency

Which from a description perspective has these hard-coded and variable names:

netapp.perf.<site>.<cluster>.svm.<svm-name>.vol.<vol-name>.counter

As such, vol moves from one node in the cluster to another will be tracked just fine because node is not in the list.

Maybe you can clarify what you see?

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

dryan0211

Sorry Chris ....my mistake. Co

@madden wrote:

Hi @dryan0211

Graphite uses a tree hierarchy for managing metrics and Harvest places volumes under SVM.  Here is an example:

netapp.perf.nl.nltl-infra-vmware.svm.svm-vmware-prod.vol.nltl_infra_nfs01.avg_latency

Which from a description perspective has these hard-coded and variable names:

netapp.perf.<site>.<cluster>.svm.<svm-name>.vol.<vol-name>.counter

As such, vol moves from one node in the cluster to another will be tracked just fine because node is not in the list.

Maybe you can clarify what you see?

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Sorry Chris ..couldn't recreate the issue i thought i had seen. 

Public