Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Grafana Showing MANY Erroneous Entries for Under "Node"

nicholsongc

I'm not sure if this is a direct result of my recent upgrades to 9.1P13 but I just noticed that my list of NODES in Grafana is littered with MANY entries that are clearly not my cluster nodes:

Example:

Untitled.jpg

My nodes are in there but I'm hoping I can clean up the database without too much pain.

Thanks in advance...

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nicholsongc

So I was able to reach Yann and this is apparently an unexplainable by-product of my Ontap upgrade.  In my case I went from 8.3.2 to 9.1

Simple solution for me (thank you, again, Yann!!) was to log into the NABox console as root and simply delete the unwanted directories...

In my case, the folders were located under /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/netapp/perf...

Under that you'll find a folder for each of your groups.

So something like /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/netapp/perf/group_name/cluster_name/node/....

All of my "junk" was under the node directory for each site.  So I used rm -r to whack all but my necessary storage nodename directories.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

nicholsongc

Just keeping the topic alive... has ANYONE else seen database spillage in their Harvest data?

bkamil

I have.

In my case those seem to get created when I expand my clusters with new nodes (maybe you also did recently?). Additionally, those strange entries are not only there for the nodes, but also for the LIFs.

Looks like ONTAP creates such entries - temporarily - when cluster gets expanded. Those are available - again, temporarily - in statistics subsystem and therefore get fetched by Harvest. We would not even notice normally, but Harvest does notice many things checking the cluster every 1 minute :).

Assuming those temporary entries are required for cluster internal reasons a workaround could be to stop the Harvest poller for the time of cluster expansion.

nicholsongc

So I was able to reach Yann and this is apparently an unexplainable by-product of my Ontap upgrade.  In my case I went from 8.3.2 to 9.1

Simple solution for me (thank you, again, Yann!!) was to log into the NABox console as root and simply delete the unwanted directories...

In my case, the folders were located under /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/netapp/perf...

Under that you'll find a folder for each of your groups.

So something like /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/netapp/perf/group_name/cluster_name/node/....

All of my "junk" was under the node directory for each site.  So I used rm -r to whack all but my necessary storage nodename directories.

Public