Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Graphite Virtual Appliance OVA?

Nexica

In this video we can see the deploy of Graphite-VA OVA.

Anyone knows where to find  the download link?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi,

For NetApp to distribute the OVA we need to verify we have rights to distribute all software contained.  Given there is an OS in there with numerous packages that process is still ongoing.  So while the OVA exists, it is not something we can make available for download yet.  Contact your SE for more info.  

You can however install all the component parts yourself today.  I wrote up a blog of this and someone posted the link above, or here again, for convenience. 

Hope that helps and hope the OVA gets approved soon!

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

GROOVE

Im interested in this also.

It was mentioned on a Tech ONTAP podcast a while ago this was being worked on but they were pulling together some licesning details of the various components.

Was hoping it was ready to go when I saw your post.....fingers crossed somebody knows

haenggi

Check this blog article, in here you find the video and the download links: http://blog.pkiwi.com/netapp-advanced-performance-monitoring-with-harvest-graphite-and-grafana/

Best Regards

Michael

GROOVE

I dont see the OVA to download on there....ive been reading his articles this morning .

Seems to be seperate links for harvest, linux and gafana/graphite ?

There was meant to be a pre-built virtual appliance with it all pre=packaged ( the OVA ) ?

madden

Hi,

For NetApp to distribute the OVA we need to verify we have rights to distribute all software contained.  Given there is an OS in there with numerous packages that process is still ongoing.  So while the OVA exists, it is not something we can make available for download yet.  Contact your SE for more info.  

You can however install all the component parts yourself today.  I wrote up a blog of this and someone posted the link above, or here again, for convenience. 

Hope that helps and hope the OVA gets approved soon!

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

GROOVE

Thanks for the update Chris

we began our install last night following those instructions.....Ubuntu and Graphite done. Hoping to finish off the rest today.

Can't wait to get it up and running.

Andy

GROOVE

Well that was pretty painless.

Think it took us about 3 hours start to finish to install , and thats by a couple of Linux noobs.

What a brilliant tool....overwhelming at first the sheer amount of data preented , but a fantastic resource.

I just wonder why NetApp dont provide their own tools to give us all this info , I seem to have so many tools now (OCM,OPM,OCI,DFM ) and they all seem deficient in one area or another. And now I have another one 🙂

MCMatthews

If not an OVA, maybe a Vagrantfile?  

bijelico

Hi @madden 

are there any updates regarding OVA?

Thanks

BR,

Ogi

yannb

No update so far, sorry about that.

We still didn't find any simple solution that would satisfy both legal and technical team and as frustrating as it is, there is not much we can do.

For now you still have to turn to the your NetApp contact to get guidance on getting and deploying the OVA.

MarcSchindler
Yann created a easy deployable solution and maintains it. ===> https://nabox.tynsoe.org Thank you Yann!

yannb
Anytime 🙂 everyone please provide any feedback you might have, test the betas if you can in your environment and help making NAbox even better!

bijelico

Hello Yann,

Can you provide any update on NAbox v2.4.2 update regarding support of ONTAP 9.4 and Harvest 1.4.1?

I tried to update the Harvest from 1.4 to 1.4.1 on my NAbox, but after the update NAbox reports that no Harvest is installed at all. Fortunately, I could install Harvest 1.4  again so everything is working fine again but without ONTAP 9.4 Cluster supported.

Does NAbox v2.5b support both Harvest 1.4.1 and ONTAP 9.4?

Thanks

Ogi

yannb

Hi Ogi,

There is a problem with the packaging of NetApp Harvest 1.4.1 that will be solved soon.

In th emeantime you can unarchive the one you have on a linux machine, make the scripts executable (netapp-worker and netapp-manager) and recompress it, then it'll work.

Thanks!

Public