Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Highlighted

Re: Harvest Snappmirror Replications dashboard datasource failed

yeah, i just copied the py files to the /opt/netapp-harvest/lib and the error went away, the next error I got was an authorization error, so i elevated the harvest user to admin, and the files are gettting generated. It seems to be working. 

Highlighted

Yes that part is a bit confusing. You need the perl sdk for harvest itself, but the extension being written in python, you also need the python SDK, which, this time, must be present in the python/ directory without the NetApp parent directory. 

Highlighted

I'm also getting farther after uploading the .py files from the SDK to the /lib folder.

I'm using auth_type = ssl_cert.  Data collection is working perfectly but the snapmirror extension complains about ssl certificate:

[ERROR] [poll_snapmirrors] ZAPI request failed: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:618)

Highlighted

Extensions in Harvest are quite new, and are provided as examples, with the current distribution, meaning they are to be taken "as-is" and might need some improvement (which will happen over time I'm sure).

The only supported authentication method is LOGIN, you can certainly implement certificate authentication in the code, and feel free to share your changes here 🙂

Highlighted

Hi @MartINC, the snapmirror extension only supports authentication by password, but I think I can adapt it to support certificate authentication as well. Let me know if you need that.

Highlighted

Hi Gratian,

Yes I believe that would be a nice feature to add for security purpose.

Thanks!

Martin.

Highlighted

@jfc916 wrote:

yeah, i just copied the py files to the /opt/netapp-harvest/lib and the error went away, the next error I got was an authorization error, so i elevated the harvest user to admin, and the files are gettting generated. It seems to be working. 

You don't have to give the harvest user full admin permissions. It is just necessary to give access to the  "snapmirror show":

security login role create -role netapp-harvest-role -access readonly -cmddirname "snapmirror show"

@vachagan_gratian: maybe this should be added to the "Harvest Administration Guide" Topic 5.2.2

Try the NEW Support Site!
NetApp Support Site
Forums