Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Home node while creating a logical interface

prasadkm0204

Hi,

How do I mention the home node while creating a logical interface.

There is an option to mention home_port but not a home node.

I am attempting to create 2 lifs one on each node and the problem I face is that both the lifs end up using node1 as the home node.

-Prasad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

coreywanless

The problem is that you are referencing 'Port1', and 'Port1' is going to be defined somewhere else within your workflow.  And within that definition, you are assigning which node to use.

A quick fix for this, is to remove 'Port1' and within its place choose the three dots on the port field. From the pop up window choose 'Filter ports by cluster, node, and name' Then you can fill in the fields on the right to what you are looking for.

The other method is to find where you are defining 'Port1' in your workflow, and change the same parameters from that location.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any clarification.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

coreywanless

The problem is that you are referencing 'Port1', and 'Port1' is going to be defined somewhere else within your workflow.  And within that definition, you are assigning which node to use.

A quick fix for this, is to remove 'Port1' and within its place choose the three dots on the port field. From the pop up window choose 'Filter ports by cluster, node, and name' Then you can fill in the fields on the right to what you are looking for.

The other method is to find where you are defining 'Port1' in your workflow, and change the same parameters from that location.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any clarification.

prasadkm0204

Thanks for your quick response Smiley Happy

I'll try it out and update here.

prasadkm0204

I tested it and it worked as exptected.

Not sure why the first approach failed though.

Public