Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How do I delete an obsolete resource label in provisioning manager

rickymartin

I've got a operations manager demonstration lab in sydney that has a number of resource labels that I cant seem to get rid of. Our lab ettiquette says you need to clean up after yourself, but while it seems easy enough to create a new resource label in provisioning manager, I cant seem to find a way of deleting one that isnt needed any more.

Its  not urgent, but its a little annoying.

4 REPLIES 4

shailaja

Hi,

I am giving CLI equivalents for the same here.

Set label at resource pool member level:

prompt>dfpm respool member set pripool chinki label=silver
Successfully set label 'silver' on member chinki of  resource pool pripool.
List:
prompt>dfpm respool list -ml pripool
ID   Member Name               Resource Pool Name     Member Type Label         
---- ------------------------- ---------------------- ----------- ---------------
1519 chinki.lab.eng.btc.netapp.in pripool                Filer       silver 
Clear:
prompt>dfpm respool member set pripool chinki label=""
Successfully set label '' on member chinki of  resource pool pripool.
Thanks,
Shailaja

rickymartin

Thanks for the reply,

unfortunately this doesnt actually answer my question, but that's because I wasnt entirely clear. The problem I had was that one you add a resource label to an aggregate etc, it appeared in the drop down list during the Add Resource Pool wizard, which is fine, but after deleting all resource pools I still had some in the drop down list. I suspect this was because of a bug in the beta software I was using.

I fixed this by finding the orphaned entries by using the dfm search command. They were  associated with a couple of different aggregates. I looked at the aggregates, and it turned out the resource tag field was filled in with one of the the entries I wanted to remove from the drop down list. I cleared the value by using the "Edit Aggregate Settings" option in Ops Manager Browser interface and the stuff in the dropdown list disappeared.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Regards

John

shailaja

Oh ok. So, you wanted to clear the label values after destroying resourcepools.

Other than "dfm search", you can also use the following to get the list of aggregates and the label values:

dfm_prompt> dfm report view aggregates-comments

Here there will be a column named "resourceTag"

Or if you have set labels on non-aggregate objects like filers, you can also use:

dfm_prompt> dfm comment list | egrep "(Object Id|resourceTag)"

To clear this value, for every object it is set, you need to run:

dfm_prompt> dfm comment set <aggr_object_id_or_fullname> resourceTag=""

Thanks,

Shailaja

tanmoy

Hi John,

If you are using NetApp Management Console for Provisioning Manager, you can delete the resource labels using edit wizard of resource pools. This can be done per storage system and per aggregate also.

Note: - In case you remove the label from a resource, you might end up seeing a non-conformant dataset if that dataset has members associated with that resource and associated policy says to have that label.

Just to know: - While setting up the labels for resources, what other active management tasks do you accomplish using Provisioning Manager?

Thanks

Tanmoy

Public