Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to have two version of WFA in the same Server

AdaikkappanArumugam

Hi

Is there a way to have two version of WFA installed on the same instance of the windows server.

This is manily for the people who dont have the luxury of having 2 servers.

Regards

Adai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

korns

I'm not sure you can run two instances of WFA on the same system, but if the reason you want to do this has to do with the need to export DAR files compatible with older versions of WFA, this might help. It is un-supported but I think if you  aren't using higher-version features you can manipulate the DAR file (which are .zip files if renamed .zip) by replacing the MANIFEST file inside the .dar/.zip file. 

I've attached a zip file which contains manifest files for WFA 2.1, 2,2, 2.2rc1 and 3.0rc1. If you rename the .dar file to .zip, expand it, replace the manifest file hiding inside, you can make a dar exported from 3.0 to be importable by a 2.2 system, etc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

korns

I'm not sure you can run two instances of WFA on the same system, but if the reason you want to do this has to do with the need to export DAR files compatible with older versions of WFA, this might help. It is un-supported but I think if you  aren't using higher-version features you can manipulate the DAR file (which are .zip files if renamed .zip) by replacing the MANIFEST file inside the .dar/.zip file. 

I've attached a zip file which contains manifest files for WFA 2.1, 2,2, 2.2rc1 and 3.0rc1. If you rename the .dar file to .zip, expand it, replace the manifest file hiding inside, you can make a dar exported from 3.0 to be importable by a 2.2 system, etc

AdaikkappanArumugam

Thanks Dave. This is what I do. But I was expecitng simpler than changing the file extensions and replacing etc. 

Thanks again for the bundle of Manifest for different versions.

Regards

Adai

abhit

Adai, you can also install virtual box and install another windows OS in it.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Let us know if this helps.

Regards

Abhi

Public