2013-03-12 07:42 AM
We are having a few cascaded Volume SnapMirror relationships (Primary mirrored to Secondary mirrored to Tertiary).
Importing the two mirror relationships in ocum works well. However the result is a couple of relationships that we cannot apply to a dataset.
We would like to avoid a baseline transfer (>3TB on Wan).
Is there a way to import the two external relationships into a single dataset protected by a protection policy based on "Chain of two mirrors" base policy ?
Maybe this is basic in protection manager, but we are newbies ...
We'll appreciate any help on this topic.
Solved! See The Solution
2 REPLIES 2
2013-03-12 10:40 PM
Its possible. Follow these steps. Before that I assume you are already able to see the 2 mirror relationship in the External Relationship Pagel
- Create a empty dataset
- Apply Chain of two mirror policy to the above dataset
- Goto the external relationship page and select the mirror from second mirror to tertiary
- Import the above into the second leg/connection of the dataset
- Complete the import wizard.
- Again goto external relationship page and select the mirror from primary to secondary
- Import the above into the first leg/connection of the dataset
- Complete the import wizard
Re: How to import cascaded snapmirror relationships in OCUM ?
2013-03-13 01:37 AM
Simple, fast and easy.
What should be the status of the external relationships before import ? mirrorred / quiesced / broken off ?
Thanks a lot Adaikkappan