Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Incorrect credentials after making connection multiple controllers

Daniel_Maryuma

Hi guys,

Just trying to use Get-NcSnapmirror on multiple controllers. i tried

$nc1 = connect-NcController -name xxx ...

$nc2 = connect-NcController -name yyy ...

When i try "Get-NcSnapmirror -Controller $nc2" i get incorrect credentials. and without -Controllers it works but i must use it  because i script resync svm-dr so i need to connect to both controllers in the same script.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ttran

Hi Daniel_Maryuma,

I was able to replicate the issue, which indeed is due to the stored credentials only being active in memory for a single controller at a time. The solution for this would be to set a credential variable for each controller and specify the credential variable in the connect variable.

See the example below that I tested in our lab system using PSTK 9.8:

PS LAB> $creds_nc1 = Get-Credential -message 'Please provide password for nc1'
PS LAB> $creds_nc2 = Get-Credential -message 'Please provide password for nc2'
PS LAB> $nc1 = Connect-NcController lab-cluster1 -Credential $creds_nc1
PS LAB> $nc2 = Connect-NcController lab-cluster2 -Credential $creds_nc2
PS LAB> get-ncsnapmirror -controller $nc1

SourceLocation                                DestinationLocation                           Status       MirrorState
--------------                                -------------------                           ------       -----------
lab-cluster1://labsvm1/labsvm1_vol1_src       lab-cluster2://labsvm1/labsvm1_vol1_dest      idle         snapmirrored

PS LAB> get-ncsnapmirror -controller $nc2

SourceLocation                                DestinationLocation                           Status       MirrorState
--------------                                -------------------                           ------       -----------
lab-cluster2://labsvm1/labsvm1_vol1_src       lab-cluster1://labsvm1/labsvm1_vol1_dest 		idle         snapmirrored

PS LAB>

Regards,

Team Netapp

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

donny_lang

What version of PowerShell and the PSTK are you using? I'm not able to replicate the issue on the couple of different machines I tried it on, running PSTK 9.8.0 and PowerShell 5.1.

ttran

Hi Daniel_Maryuma,

I was able to replicate the issue, which indeed is due to the stored credentials only being active in memory for a single controller at a time. The solution for this would be to set a credential variable for each controller and specify the credential variable in the connect variable.

See the example below that I tested in our lab system using PSTK 9.8:

PS LAB> $creds_nc1 = Get-Credential -message 'Please provide password for nc1'
PS LAB> $creds_nc2 = Get-Credential -message 'Please provide password for nc2'
PS LAB> $nc1 = Connect-NcController lab-cluster1 -Credential $creds_nc1
PS LAB> $nc2 = Connect-NcController lab-cluster2 -Credential $creds_nc2
PS LAB> get-ncsnapmirror -controller $nc1

lab-cluster1://labsvm1/labsvm1_vol1_src       lab-cluster2://labsvm1/labsvm1_vol1_dest      idle         snapmirrored

PS LAB> get-ncsnapmirror -controller $nc2

lab-cluster2://labsvm1/labsvm1_vol1_src       lab-cluster1://labsvm1/labsvm1_vol1_dest 		idle         snapmirrored

PS LAB>

Regards,

Team Netapp

Team NetApp
Public