Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Installing iSCSI host utility on esxi 5.1 getting error

AZARIWALA

Hello Team

While installing iSCSI host utility on esxi 5.1 server i get following error the host utility version is 5.2.1

./install: line 101: function: not found
./install: line 110: stop_spinner: not found

Installation aborted!

./install: line 110: abort_installation: not found

4 REPLIES 4

merick

The iSCSI host utility is not supported, nor is it necessary, on ESXi. You should use the native iSCSI capabilities in ESXi, and the NetApp VSC to manage storage through the VI client.

Thanks,

Erick

AZARIWALA

Thanks Merick,

Can you please guide me where to ssearch for native iSCSI in VMware also would like to inform you that I am not using vcenter I am just using vshpere client to configure datastorage on VMware hope you understand what I am asking for if I got to configuration > and storage I don't see any iSCSI support in it

AZARIWALA

Sorry but also want to know from where will I get iqn number to mask the LUN from storage to VMware server

merick

Using NetApp OnCommand System Manager you can browse to protocols->iSCSI, and find the NetApp IQN number that you can use to connect storage from the ESXi host. Here is a link from VMware on how to configure iSCSI in ESXi: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1008083

Public