Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Is there a feature in OCUM 7.3 GUI to “run a command” on multiple clusters

Ashish_Sharma

Like the way, there was a feature in Operations Manager under DFM called as "run a command" which execute a single command on a group of 7 mode filers. (PFA Attachment which consists of the screenshot taken from Operations Manager under DFM).

Question > Is there a feature in OCUM 7.3 *GUI* to “run a command” on multiple clusters at a single point in time?

Any leads will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Very Respectfully,

Ashish.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbeattie

Hi Ashish,

There is no run command feature in OCUM as was previously available in DFM. There is a script plugin feature however this is intended to be attached to an alert and react to an event, not to run commands on multiple cluster, I would suggest that you use WFA to run your commands against multiple clusters. You can use WFA to invoke a CLI or ZAPI on cluster and repeat that for each cluster. What are you trying to achieve?

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

marz

There is no "run command" type of feature in the UI in any UM 6.x or 7.x release

TMADOCTHOMAS

Even though there's not, I wonder if the script feature in OCUM could be used to script a PowerShell line that asks for a command as an input?

mbeattie

Hi Ashish,

There is no run command feature in OCUM as was previously available in DFM. There is a script plugin feature however this is intended to be attached to an alert and react to an event, not to run commands on multiple cluster, I would suggest that you use WFA to run your commands against multiple clusters. You can use WFA to invoke a CLI or ZAPI on cluster and repeat that for each cluster. What are you trying to achieve?

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Ashish_Sharma

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your insight on this.

I just wanted to understand whether the *run command* feature is available or not in the OCUM.

Purpose of this ask was to seek an option where I can invoke a single command (be it a simple disk show -broken command) on a group of clusters.

We do have WFA in our environment. I'll check on that now.

Thanks again.

P.S. - Thanks to all other members as well for providing insight on this post.

Very Respectfully,

Ashish.

kirana

Hi Ashish,

This facility is available in the CLI interface. You can use the below CLIs to invoke cluster shell CLIs (which would typically triggered via an 'alert script' associated to an 'Alert' object).

I hope this is what is being requested here.

root@ocum-21227:~# um cli login -u admin -p netapp
Login successful.

root@ocum-21227:~# um run help

NAME
        run -- manages the execution of remote commands.

SYNOPSIS
        um run cmd [ -t <timeout> ] <host> <command>
        um run query <sql-query>

DESCRIPTION
        The "run cmd" command allows a Data ONTAP command to be run on one or more hosts.
        The "run query" command runs SQL queries against the internal database.

root@ocum-21227:~# um cluster list
Cluster ID               Name                     Hostname or IP Address   Serial Number            DatasourceID             Last Refresh Time  
--------------           --------------           --------------           --------------           --------------           --------------     
66369                    <clus_hostname>        <clus_IP>           1-80-000011              14                       Wed May 02 13:47:58 EDT 2018

root@ocum-21227:~# um run cmd <clus_hostname> version
<lists the version of cluster here>

Nagar

Thanks ..

Yes i can see it is avsaiable in 9.4 version . In addtion to it i have below two queries if you can look into ..

1. How can we run " um run cmd" for more than on IP.
2.How can we trigger/run the report via UM/DFM cli ?

Regards

Abhishek Nagar

Public