Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Issues with OCI Launch and Reporting portal launch

sunilyadav

Hi guys,

So tried to figure out the solution of many random issues and accumulating all in here:

1. OCI Launch Error from RAU

When trying to launch java UI from RAU. After providing credentials getting a window where I see client,server, DS, clientJVM, client Plugin, License tab, but not the actual OCI console. Only option I see is ok button. Once I do that, it take me back to login window and throw communication error. Attaching screenshot 0 and 1 for the same.

I tried to use fix of all java issues which were discussed in older versions of java. Is there any update on that document?

2. Since OCI 7.2.3, I am not able to launch DWH/reporting portal from remote systems. I see there is a change in port number from 8080 to 9300. Do I have to put request for additional firewall opening for that specific port, or there is any work around for it? Everytime I have to work on reports, I have to do RDP session to DWH server and work locally.

1 REPLY 1

ostiguy

#1. The OCI Java client uses a lot of the same technologies that a RAU uses to speak to the OCI operational server - same DNS dependencies, etc.

Have you recently uipgraded OCI?

When you upgrade OCI versions, it is best to:

Ensure the Java cache is emptied on client workstations

Ensure you are running the appropriate Java version - OCI 7.2.x requires Java 8 at a minimum. I think there is a floor for Java 8 support, but I don't have the specific minimum build number.

General Java client thoughts:

Java runtimes may default to observing the operating systems Internet proxy settings - this can be problematic, so you may need to go into the Java control panel icon, and disable the proxy stuff

I would clear the Java cache, check the proxy, and look at:

c:\users\%username%\sanscreen-client.log

After I try running the client again

#2. Yes, if there is a firewall between the DWH reporting portal users and the OCI 7.2.x DWH, you will want a firewall exception to allow them to access tcp 9300

Public