Make dataset relinquish with NMSDK

francoisbnc

Is someone can help me with that.

François

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi François,

What do you mean by relinquish, dataset-destory or dataset-remove-member?  Please describe what you want to do with a little background.

Merci,

- Rick -

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi François,

What do you mean by relinquish, dataset-destory or dataset-remove-member?  Please describe what you want to do with a little background.

Merci,

- Rick -

francoisbnc

Hi Rick,

Just the equivalent command as a dfpm dataset relinquish in command line.

regards

francois

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi Francois,

I think you might be looking for dataset-modify-node with the relinquish-vfiler input.  If this is not the case, please state what you're attempting with the relinquish parameter.

Regards,

- Rick -

francoisbnc

I would like automate the primary storage migration I found in Adai documentation https://communities.netapp.com/thread/24437.

Two kind of relinquish are used there, one dfbm and other with dfpm, but I don't know really what is the implication of that and how these steps can be reproduce with NMSDK.

francois

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi François,

You can use the dp-relationship-modify API, and set is-dp-imported and is-dp-managed to false.

Regards,

- Rick -

adaikkap

Hi Francios,

The dfpm dataset relinquish can be done via NMSDK as rick said above.

<dp-relationship-modify>  <is-dp-imported>false</is-dp-imported>  <is-dp-managed>false</is-dp-managed>  <relationship-id>72916</relationship-id> </dp-relationship-modify>

But dfbm relinquish cant be done via NMSDK. This basically removes it from DFM database that such a relationship existed so that you dont face problems which you import them back after migration.

Regards

adai

francoisbnc

Hi,

Thanks both.

francois

francoisbnc

HI,

I tried to find the SDK equivalent to dfbm primary dir add and dfpm dataset import, without chance.

Can you help me about that?

Thanx in advance

francois

adaikkap

Hi Francois,

As I said earlier in my reply the dfbm set of cli doesnt have SDK. They are cli only, so you wont be able to do them via SDK.

Regards

adai

francoisbnc

Hi adai,

Sorry I thought that was only for dfbm relinquish, in fact for all dfbm commands.

But I finally create a tool in 8 steps for migrating more easily, step 3, 5 and 6 we have to run directly from command line

Thank you for your help,

francois

Public