Management IP address does not show up in the output f ifconfig -a, DFM server is unaware of this IP
2011-07-14 06:43 AM
I am trying to understand how the following configuration was setup by a customer.
1. They are using a management IP to manage a filer.
2. That IP address does not show up when I run a ifconfig -a on the filer.
3. ifconfig -a does not list the e0M interface.
4. This IP address does not show up when the DFM server that is controlling this host is queried for the interfaces configured on this host.
1. How does one setup such a configuration? Is there a way to setup a management IP without using e0M?
2. How do I get DFM to return this management IP to me?
thank you for your help
2 REPLIES 2