Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Management IP address does not show up in the output f ifconfig -a, DFM server is unaware of this IP

sudha_k_iyer

Hi ,

I am trying to understand how the following configuration was setup by a customer.

1. They are using a management IP to manage a filer.

2. That IP address does not show up when I run a ifconfig -a on the filer.

3. ifconfig -a does not list the e0M interface.

4. This IP address does not show up when the DFM server that is controlling this host is queried for the interfaces configured on this host.

QUestions

1. How does one setup such a configuration? Is there a way to setup a management IP without using e0M?

2. How do I get DFM to return this management IP to me?

thank you for your help

Sudha

4 REPLIES 4

pradeepl

Hi Sudha,

From dfm , you can execute dfm host get <host-id> to know about the various IP’s of the filer that are registered with DFM. Eg: Primary IP, Preferred IP, Remote Platform Management IP.

Regards

Pradeep L

sudha_k_iyer

Hi Pradeep

I ran the following command on the DFM server and it didn't report the IP address.

Does dfm host get return more information than this?

c:\Program Files\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\bin>dfmapi.exe netif-ip-interface-list-info hostname <filername>

I forgot to add that the version of the filer being used is  FAS 2040. I believe the FAS 2000 series has a BMC port and that using a BMC port you cannot connect to FIlerView.I was however able to connect to FilerView using this IP address.

thanks

Sudha

pradeepl

Hi,

The outputs of ifconfig -a and the netif-ip-interface-list-info api will be the same. By using dfm host get ,you can come to know with which IP of the filer,DFM is monitoring it. Also as said it will give the IP's of filers

registered with DFM.

sudha_k_iyer

Thanks for the prompt reply and is the API equivalent of this

dfm-host-list-info-*

Would you happen to know how to setup such a configuration as well ?

Public