Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

MetroCluster not discovered

niels

Hi,

I'm currently playing around with WFA and the MetroCluster specific SM/SV workflows from the Automation Store.

Although I do have two 8.3.1 MetroClusters running in my environment, the workflows don't offer any to select.

dialog.png

Looks like the cache is not correctly populated with the MetroCluster information.

Other workflows work fine, even those integrated in OCUM. I was able to create SV/SM relationsships from within OCUM successfully.

Using WFA3.1RC1 and OCUM6.3RC1

Any idea where to look and what for?

regards, Niels

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

veerendra

Hi Niels,

You seeing this issue,  because of  following reasons ,

• Looks like the SnapMirror relations are not acquired by OCUM.
    • Resolution: Before running Switchover acquire the OCUM
  • This workflow will capture only SnapMirror and SnapVault relations between Metrocluster as destination with non Metrocluster as source.

Note: Once Metro cluster switchover happens, the Metrocluster switchover data will be available after 45 minutes in WFA (in OCUM after 15 min and from OCUM to  WFA 30 minutes).

If we need data immediately, we need to rediscover the cluster in OCUM and Acquire the WFA data source.

Second issue

• The issue is seen because tables are not available,  These tables will be created once we run second workflow “Retain SnapMirror and SnapVault configurations before Metrocluster Switchback”

Regards,

Veerendrnadh CH

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

abhit

Do you have HeidiSQL or SQLYog?

You can connect to the mysql DB using these tools.

Check the install and setup guide of WFA for username and password.

Please check if the 'cm_storage.cluster_metrocluster' table is populated.

Regards

Abhi

niels

The table cm_storage.cluster_metrocluster is empty.

But the MetroClusters do appear in the table cm_storage.cluster.

regards, Niels

AdaikkappanArumugam

Hi Niel,

What is the version of OCUM from which you are acquiring the cache ? IIRC, it has to be UM 6.2 or later.

BTW try doing a reset schema of the OCUM datasource in WFA and reacquire. 

Regards

Adai

niels

Hi Adai,

using OCUM 6.3RC1. Alredy reseted scheme several times. Acquisition successfuly but the cm_storage.cluster_metrocluster table stays empty.

cm_storage.metro_cluster.png

The table cm_storage.cluster shows the field "is_metrocluster" as "1" though for my MetroCluster systems.

cm_storage.cluster.png

It looks as if those systems don't get transferred/copied to the cluster_metrocluster table.

regards, Niels

veerendra

Hi,
For OCUM6.3 , Please clone the following cache queries and enable the Oncommand Unified Manager_6.3 , save and reset scheme
1.SnapMirror_MetroCluster
2.Cluster_MetroCluster

Since this pack is qualified is WFA 3.0 and OCUM 6.2. Will fix this issue for OCUM 6.3 and upload to store.

Regards,
Veerendranadh CH

niels

Hi Veerendranadh,

unfortunately you lost me at "Please clone the following cache queries...".

I'm not a WFA coder, just someone using it and its pre-canned workflows.

Could you provide a more detailed AP or an ETA when the newer version of the pack supporting OCUM 6.3 and WFA 3.1 might be available?

Thanks and regards, Niels

pavand

Hi,

Pack with OCUM 6.3 support is uploded in to store. It can be downloaded from the below link

http://automationstore.netapp.com/pack-list.shtml

Regards,

Pavan

niels

Well - although I can now select a MetroCluster in the workflow dialog, I get a whole new set of issues...

First - the workflow "Re-create SnapMirror and SnapVault Protection after MetroCluster Switchover workflow" doesn't seem to do anything.

Although I have SnapMirror and SnapVault releationships configured on both clusters of the MetroCluster setup, there is only one step performed during execution of above workflow after I performed a switchover:

workflow1.png

This in turn leads to  - well - nothing...

Second - I get a WFA error when I select the "Re-create SnapMirror and SnapVault Protection after MetroCluster Switchback workflow" without even having clicked on anything within that workflow dialogue:

workflow2.png

Kind regards, Niels

veerendra

Hi Niels,

• This workflow will capture only SnapMirror and SnapVault relations between Metrocluster as destination with non Metrocluster as source.

Note: Once Metro cluster switchover happens, the Metrocluster switchover data will be available after 45 minutes in WFA (in OCUM after 15 min and from OCUM to  WFA 30 minutes).

If we need data immediately, we need to rediscover the cluster in OCUM and Acquire the WFA data source.

Second issue

• The issue is seen because tables are not available,  These tables will be created once we run second workflow “Retain SnapMirror and SnapVault configurations before Metrocluster Switchback”

Regards,

Veerendrnadh CH

veerendra

Hi Niels,

Second issue

Regards,

Veerendranadh CH

veerendra
Hi Niel, Please Reset scheme of the OCUM data source in WFA and re acquire. Reset scheme (WFA => Execution => Data Source => Select created "Data Source" and click on Reset Scheme) Regards Veerendranadh CH
Public