Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Monitoring volumes,aggregates and generating reports

Aswani_Kumar

Hi,

I have developed the workflow to monitor volumes and aggregates above threshold used percentage.

Here the workflow monitors and generates the reports.

These reports can be emailed to a specific user .

I also added recurring command so that the workflow can be scheduled and executed repeatedly.

I updated the reports with color coding the specific fields.

The document and dar files are attached below.

Thanks,

Aswani Kumar

15 REPLIES 15

abhit

Thanks Aswani.

The .dar file is missing.

Can you please attach that too.

Regards

Abhi

Aswani_Kumar

hi,

i am trying to attach the dar files and post them but its showing "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type" .

Thanks

Aswani Kumar

Aswani_Kumar

Hi,

I tried with different browser now dar files got attached

paragp

Which browser did it work with ? I have seen others report issues with uploading dar files too

Aswani_Kumar

hi,

In Chrome its working .

For me in IE and Mozilla firefox its not working

sinhaa

Good work Aswani. But you are only documenting the the prerequisites for your contents. You have missed the prerequistes of my  Recurring Workflow Schduler command. It can't work without it.

See here: http://community.netapp.com/t5/OnCommand-Storage-Management-Software-Discussions/How-to-schedule-a-workflow-for-recurring-executions-The-solution/m-p/...

So please add them in your doc.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Aswani_Kumar

hi,

Thanks Sinha for reply.

I updated the prerequisites  in the document.

Regards,

Aswani Kumar

Peta

I get "Failed to get object names from imported dar" with the monitoring_volumes_and_aggregates.dar file.  Any ideas?

I should add this is WFA 3.0, using Chrome.

AmitACC

Hi Aswani,

Really good work, i have downloaded the dar files & while unzipping am getting error. It will be lot helpful if you can share the last set of files.

Regards,

AMIT

abhit

You don't need to unzip the .dar file.

You need to import the .dar file in WFA.

Goto Administration->Import, and then you can select the .dar file which you want to import.

Regards

Abhi

AmitACC

Hi Aswai,

I had imported the zip file initially, but am getting error "Failed to get object Names from DAR", this is for the zip file "Monitoring_volumes_and_aggregates".

The other DAR files i was able to import.

Can you re-upload the DAR file "Monitoring_volumes_and_aggregates".

Thanks,

AMIT

Aswani_Kumar

Hi,

I tried with the dar file but its working perfectly for me.

I developed this workflow in wfa 3.0 and maybe the error is because of previous version that you are using.

Could you please try importing the below dar file again and if you got any errors kindly replay me.

Thanks,

Aswani kumar

AmitACC

Thanks Aswani, I have been able to imort the new version in to WFA. I am using WFA version 3.0

Regards,

AMIT

dblackwe

I am just wondering why you don't use OCUM for this?  OCUM 6.2 even adds reports that can be run, or you could use DFM 5.2 for c-dot.  Both versions have alerting that will send emails to whom ever you specify when thresholds are breached.

AmitACC

Hi Ashwani,

Can you share Workflow in  Netapp 7-Mode for volume resizing and Monitoring volumes, ag​gregates and generating reports, i anticipate that the file you have shared earlier is c-dot.

Regards,

AMIT

Public