Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NFS Host Lists

mtaormina

Greetings,

I've been working on a workflow that creates a volume and specifies a list of RW and Root hosts, based on another variable. Everything appears to work correctly; a new volume is created and a new entry is added to the exports file. However, when I try to mount this export from a server that I have specified as a rw host, I get permission denied. I cannot mount this export until I run exportfs -a on the filer.

I found that specifying the hosts lists with colon-delimited format ":" results in the above behavior. When I specify the list with comma-delimited format "," I receive the expected behavior - the export is available immediately.

Since these lists are supposed to be specified with a colon based on the exports file syntax, shouldn't this work? Could this be a WFA bug or an issue with the command?

1 REPLY 1

sinhaa

If you look at the command's description and the description of the input parameter(s) in the tool-tip, it clearly says that it expects a comma ',' separated list of hosts.

Description for Command "Create Export":

Creates an NFS export and sets it up. Comma separated list may be supplied to grant read-only, read-write and root privileges to specified hosts.

The Path parameter refers to a persistent path that can be applied.

So it works as designed.

The delimiter used is ','.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public