Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NMC not seeing changes made.. manual refresh?

sswain123

Hi Guys,

I've created a dataset that will be used for provisioning nfs...  the volume was provisioned on aggr1 and I now would like to migrate this volumes to aggr2. As part of provisioning the storage I exported the qtree to a couple hosts.  When I attempt to migrate the volume, I'm getting an error stating:

'The selected volume cannot be migrated for the following reasons:

'1. the volume or any of its qtrees has NFS exports.'

I rem'd the line in /etc/exports, ran 'exportfs -r' from the cli ... wait 15+minutes, tried again and still couldn't migrate, got the same error.  Next, I turned off NFS in the ProvPolicy to the dataset.... waited 15+minutes, tried the migrate again and still no joy.  I did notice that it take a long time for the NMC to catchup and show the changes made... example: i destroyed 2 volumes and it took 15+ minutes before the NMC would no longer see them in 'manage space'.

my assumption is that I'm not being patient enough and letting the update happen on the default time... but, truthfully, i don't want to wait 15minute.... is there CMD I can run (like dfm host discover) that will force an update?

thanks,
Scott

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

Hi Scott,

Just to make clear that I understood, what you are describing so that both are on the same page. You are actually trying to migrate the volume using NMC>Hosts>Aggregate>Manage Space>Migrate ?

If so you will have to make sure the following conditions are satisfied.

1. No Client Facing Protocols like NFS/CIFS/ISCSI/FCP
  2. No unmangaed relationship (meaning outside dataset)
  3. No Child Clones
  4. Not a root volume of a filer/vfiler

You can use the same old magic cli dfm host discover to discover all the changes and update the DFM db. Once we find that we satisfy the above 4 the volume is ready for migration.

Regards

adai

sswain123

i am trying to migrate the volume using NMC>Hosts>Aggregate>Manage Space>Migrate.

I just thingk to use use 'dfm host discover' .. 

As always, your help is greatly appeciated!

Thank you

scott

Public