Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Highlighted

Re: NetApp-Harvest 1.6.1 updater + some news about Harvest 2.0

Hi,

I fixed most of the things and when running the script with the "-v" switch I get:

Skipping send: no graphite root defined

Could that explain why I see no data? Where do I need to define my server?

I see in the files there are parameters:

REQUIRED:
_HARVEST_HOSTNAME - hostname/IP of ONTAP system
_HARVEST_AUTH_TYPE - either "password" (default) or "ssl_cert"
_HARVEST_CLUSTER - Name of ONTAP Cluster
_HARVEST_GRAPHITE_ROOT - prefix of metric path in Graphite
(e.g.: 'netapp.capacity.GROUP.CLUSTER'),
if prefix is "_", data will be collected
but not sent to Graphite.

Do I need to define them in each script? They don't inherit the info from the "old" harvest?

Also, do i need to schedule the scripts to be run separately or will they be run automatically by the "old" Harvest? I already ran the harvest script: 

./harvest_updater
Highlighted

basically I did run the plugins for testing with args like this:

/opt/netapp-harvest/extension/volume_capacity_counters.py -v -cluster mycluster -host myclusterhostname -user myuser -pass 'mypassword' -graphite_root 'netapp.capacity.mygroup.mycluster'

if called via the pre-post-exec plugin, these values are passed via the environment, but if you call the extension directly, you have to specify all these.

Highlighted

what do you mean by the "pre-post-exec plugin"?

I have the general harvest service running, but right now I have no data from these dashboards.

And there is no such log file /opt/netapp-harvest/log/CLUSTER_netapp-harvest_snapmirror_replications.log.

Is there a way for me to enable debug on a constant basis so I can see if this is running at all? Or is the fact that there are no debug logs means there is nothing running?

Highlighted

the basic structure of the setup for the harvest extensions is explained in docs/NetApp_Harvest_Extension_Manager_1.6.pdf 

on page 5 of 9 it talks about the extensions.conf file (probably meant extension.conf, but whatever ...)

basically at the end of the main config netapp-harvest.conf, in the section for your cluster you can have a line

"template = default,extensions.conf"

then in template/extensions.conf you can have the structure as explained in the howto cat uses the pre-post-exec plugin

to call scripts from the "command_list" variable and thus collect additional data.

Highlighted

for the moment I have my extension scripts at https://users.suse.com/~ro/NetApp/index.html but this is just a temporary url.

Highlighted

Download expired, could you share the updater again?

Highlighted

@vachagan_gratian - yep download link expired. New link please and thanks!

Highlighted

Hi, here is the updated link. Sorry for the delay!

Highlighted

I have "auth_type = password" in configuration, but still getting:

[WARNING] [connect_zapi] Failed to connect to NaServer: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:618)

For the snapmirror extension.

Highlighted

@vachagan_gratian 

It seems like SVM-DR SnapMirror relationships are not supported by the SnapMirror extension and only Volume SnapMirror is supported? I'm getting a lot of this in the log file (we're purely an SVM-DR shop):

[2020-03-12 16:49:27,914] [WARNING] [poll_snapmirrors] Destination relationship with no node or volume. Skipping
[2020-03-12 16:49:27,914] [WARNING] [poll_snapmirrors] Source relationship with no volume. Skipping

Highlighted

Hi bkamil,

Yes, that's exactly the cas.

The reason why we skip them now is that we want to summarize SnapMirrors relationships per node (to compare that against the active replications limit of each node). We can't associate an SVM(-DR)s to a Node, but we can sum up SnapMirrors under SVM as well.

It probably will require a 2-3 lines of additional code... So if you need that, let me know!

Highlighted

@vachagan_gratian wrote:

It probably will require a 2-3 lines of additional code... So if you need that, let me know!

Yes, that would be great, thanks!

Looking forward 🙂

Highlighted

One more thought.

How to check if Harvest AutoSupport actually works or not?

My Harvest servers can only access the Internet via proxy so just wanted to make sure you guys will receive the useful info.

Appreciate all the great work being done on this project!

Highlighted

Hi bugfinder,

Sorry for such a late reply. I appreciate very much your willingness to share your work (and I share your sympathy for Perl!) Is it okay if I get back to you when we do our next release? We'll be happy to include your extension in our package (just make sure to add your name as author)!

Highlighted

I have the code, just need to test it!

Highlighted

As far as I know, no internet is required for AutoSupport, so we'll get the stats. Thank you so much 🙂

Try the NEW Knowledgebase!
NetApp KB Site
Forums