Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Highlighted

Re: NetApp Harvest 1.6 snapmirror and NFS-connections dashboard

hey - just to add to my comment below the manual updated also didn't fix this issue. 

Highlighted

Make sure in  netapp-harvest.conf   template = default,extension.conf  (not extensions.conf)

and in JSON file

all 5 entries

"datasource": null,

{
"aliasColors": {},
"bars": false,
"dashLength": 10,
"dashes": false,
"datasource": null,
"fill": 1,
"fillGradient": 0,
"gridPos": {
"h": 9,
"w": 23,
"x": 0,
"y": 0
},

Restart poller  and checked the log

[root@XXXXXX log]# /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager -restart -v
[OK ] Line [29] is Section [global]
[OK ] Line [30] in Section [global] has Key/Value pair [grafana_api_key]=[**********]
[OK ] Line [31] in Section [global] has Key/Value pair [grafana_url]=[https://X.X.X.X]
[OK ] Line [36] is Section [default]
[OK ] Line [37] in Section [default] has Key/Value pair [graphite_server]=[X.X.X.X]
[OK ] Line [38] in Section [default] has Key/Value pair [username]=[netapp-harvest]
[OK ] Line [39] in Section [default] has Key/Value pair [password]=[**********]
[OK ] Line [42] in Section [default] has Key/Value pair [send_autosupport_stats]=[1]
[OK ] Line [68] is Section [CLUSTERNAME]
[OK ] Line [69] in Section [CLUSTERNAME]] has Key/Value pair [hostname]=[X.X.X.X]
[OK ] Line [70] in Section [CLUSTERNAME]] has Key/Value pair [group]=[XXX_cDot]
[OK ] Line [71] in Section [CLUSTERNAME]] has Key/Value pair [username]=[netapp-harvest]
[OK ] Line [72] in Section [CLUSTERNAME]] has Key/Value pair [password]=[**********]
[OK ] Line [73] in Section [CLUSTERNAME] has Key/Value pair [template]=[default,extension.conf]

cat /opt/netapp-harvest/log/FILERNAME_netapp-harvest_netapp-harvest_snapmirror_replications.log

Highlighted

@mmorshed11 thanks a lot for this info! I forgot to mention that you have to extend the ONTAP user privileges (the bad habit of always testing with an admin user...).

The reason you only see destination snapmirrors in your Grafana is a bug in the extension. I recommend getting the recent updater to fix this (this will create a backup and overwrite your modified extension).

As for 3, I am surprised you go this error, what Python version was running the process?

Highlighted

Hi, I would recommend to use the dashboards from the updater package. Just first run the updater, then import the db_netapp-detail-snapmirror.json dashboard from the folder /opt/netapp-harvest/grafana/ to your Grafana webgui.

Highlighted

Thanks, @vachagan_gratian I ran the update package.

Got one issue #

[WARNING] [connect_zapi] Failed to connect to NaServer: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:618)

Host # REHL Linux Server release 7.7 (Maipo)

Python #  2.7.5

Ontap 9.3P15

To Resolve the issue #  had to enter following line  snapmirror_replications.py

import ssl
ssl._create_default_https_context = ssl._create_unverified_context

Possible Bugs #

1.  Log file name "_replicatons.log "

2. With Ontap 8.3.2P12  dashboard not populating data - [ERROR] [poll_meters] ZAPI request failed: For smc_em object, no instances were found to match the given query. 

3.  Volume capacity dashboard not  displaying any data

4. NFS Connection dashboard not displaying any data

Highlighted

@vachagan_gratian wrote:

The reason you only see destination snapmirrors in your Grafana is a bug in the extension. I recommend getting the recent updater to fix this (this will create a backup and overwrite your modified extension).

I've run the updater on a new installation and can confirm that while the dashboard templating issues are resolved, I'm still only seeing data on the destination relationships per node panel for the snapmirror replications dashboard.  Is there any way to confirm that the update applied correctly?  Running it again hasn't had any impact.

So far all that I'm seeing in the logs are the following entries repeated in each logfile:

cluster1

[ERROR] [poll_nodes] ZAPI request failed: For volume object, no instances were found to match the given query.

cluster2

[WARNING] [poll_snapmirrors] Destination relationship with no node or volume. Skipping
[WARNING] [poll_snapmirrors] Source relationship with no volume. Skipping
[ERROR] [poll_nodes] ZAPI request failed: For volume object, no instances were found to match the given query.

cluster3

[INFO] [poll_snapmirrors] No Snapmirror replications on this cluster, stopping session

i currently have the following snapmirrors:

• 1 from cluster 2 to cluster 1
  • 2 from cluster 3 to cluster 1
  • 11 from clster 1 to cluster 2

Highlighted

Excuse me for the nubi question:

1. Do i need to configure a seperate cron job for this script, or will the overall script which deals with the other collection take care of this?

2. Regarding params for this script:

when running it I get at the end "[2020-05-24 08:11:20,762] [DEBUG] [send_to_graphite] Skipping send: no graphite root defined". Do I  need to input manually the graphite, user,pass info? Or will it inherit the info?

Highlighted

Hi,

1. No need for that, the extensions are started and managed by Harvest 1.6. You only need to check the specific dependencies of each extension itself. (E.g. in case of the SnapMirrors extension, the Python package of NetApp SDK is required).

2. You get the message because you started the extension in foreground. When it's normally started in the background, all required parameters are passed on by Harvest 1.6 as environment variables.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Vachagan

Highlighted

Can we get an updated link to download the extension files?

NetApp Insights To Action
All Community Forums