Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp-Harvest: 7dot-8.2.0.conf collection template ==> missing stats

JF-Louvet

Hello,

I have several FAS running DOT 8.2 7-mode and for some of them the 2 followings counters are not collected :

object type : system

counters : sys_read_latency / sys_write_latency

No errors reported into the log file

present.PNG

missing.PNG

I can't seem to find supporting information for this error? Any information would be great

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @JF-Louvet,

I have never heard of this before but perf counters collected by Harvest that have a value of 0 are not forwarded to Graphite.  Could it be that these systems are idle and simply haven't had any read/write traffic yet?  An easy test is to just make some read/write traffic and see if the metrics appear.  Note that in the Graphite native interface you have to to do a F5 browser refresh for the tree to be updated to display new metrics files.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

P.S.  Please select “Options” and then “Accept as Solution” if this response answered your question so that others will find it easily!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

madden

Hi @JF-Louvet,

I have never heard of this before but perf counters collected by Harvest that have a value of 0 are not forwarded to Graphite.  Could it be that these systems are idle and simply haven't had any read/write traffic yet?  An easy test is to just make some read/write traffic and see if the metrics appear.  Note that in the Graphite native interface you have to to do a F5 browser refresh for the tree to be updated to display new metrics files.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

P.S.  Please select “Options” and then “Accept as Solution” if this response answered your question so that others will find it easily!

Public