Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Highlighted

NetApp Harvest ver 1.4

Hi Team,

Do we know when will harvest 1.4 available for download and does harvest 1.4 support ONTAP 9.3 ?

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted

Re: NetApp Harvest ver 1.4

My understanding is that the codebase is still waiting for clearance for public release.

For internal access to 1.4 and to confirm 9.3 support availability, please contact Yaan via email. 

Highlighted

Yes you can DM me.

Highlighted

Can't wait for v1.4!!

Highlighted

Also, still waiting.....

Highlighted

same here, still waiting 

Highlighted

I'd put off "hacking" 1.3 because 1.4's release was imminent (and needed for ONTAP 9.2 support.)

So today I'm finally giving up and spending time installing 1.3 while attempting to get it working because we haven't had storage metrics since last summer. 😞

Highlighted

Hi

Are there any news about public release of v1.4?

Highlighted

All,

I know you all are waiting for the official release of Harvest v1.4 to the tool chest.

As mentioned previously, the code is ready and was available NetApp-internally upon request.

The code scan that NetApp is required to perform in order to check for Open Source compliance and not violating any 3rd-party IP has been completed.

The current plan is to post Harvest v1.4 to the tool chest by end of January.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using it in the first place.

regards, Niels 

Highlighted

Hi all,

we did just pass the internal code review process. We have triggered the publishing to toolchest today.

Not sure how long this will take.

If you do need Harvest v1.4 earlier - simply drop me an e-mail and I will send you the package and latest

documentation.

Keep in mind that you do need the 9.3 SDK to get it running against ONTAP 9.3

Kind regards

Georg

Highlighted

@gmey wrote:

If you do need Harvest v1.4 earlier - simply drop me an e-mail and I will send you the package and latest

documentation.

Great. How exactly would we do that?

Highlighted

Highlighted

pdf is dated sep 2017 and the yum upgrade also shows 1.3  not 1.4 

can somone check if any other updates are needed for new 1.4 release

assume same process like before  replacing 1.3 to 1.4 

yum upgrade -y netapp-harvest-1.3-1.noarch.rpm

Highlighted

Hi all,

The User-Guide was uodated last year - so September 2017 is the right date for v1.4

Anything else should be like before!

Georg

Highlighted

WHoo Hoo!!!! All I have to say is this is one of the best tools NetApp offers, If it helps show my appreciation. Every time I use it every customer is like WOW! 

Chris/NetApp please keep up the development and really really love this tool as well as our customers. It has become a Staple for our environment and has made our NetApp experiance truly good.

Highlighted

Hey Guys. Love Harvest. Found some "install" issues following the install guides

First, the precursor: Quick Start: Installing Graphite & Grafana

(I ran through CentOS7)

Not 100% needed, but additionally installed python-ldap

It is no longer recommended to use version 0.9.13-pre1 (too many bugs/issues)

0.9.15 should be used for graphite-web , carbon & whisper

It is referenced to "chmod 755 /etc/init.d/carbon-cache".

When doing the offline method, this file does not exist. It needs to be copied from the /tmp/graphite_local/carbon-0.9.15/distro/redhat/init.d location first

For the grafana install, referring to their web page, this is what needs to be done

wget https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/grafana-releases/release/grafana-4.6.3-1.x86_64.rpm
  yum install initscripts fontconfig (can be added to the list of rpms in the beginning)

rpm -Uvh grafana-4.6.3-1.x86_64.rpm

And lastly for the NetApp Harvest Install & Admin guide 1.4, a couple of details:

If you are using the offline method, you would need to go to a live system and at a minimum download perl-Excel-Writer-XLSX

(plus possible other dependancies, depending on currently loaded RPMs)

yumdownloader perl-Excel-Writer-XLSX

That must be installed for harvest1.4 to install

For noobs, you might want to indicate that the supplied file from the NetApp Harvest site must be extracted first

unzip netapp-harvest-1.4.zip

Then you can do the 

yum install -y  netapp-harvest-1.4-1.noarch.rpm

That's it for now.

Check out the KB!
Knowledge Base
All Community Forums