Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp Harvest

Sheetal15

Hi,

I am trying to configure NetApp Harvest with Grafana/Graphite, all installed on one RedHat box.  Looking at the netapp-harvest.conf file, this mentions entry for asking your Graphite server name/IP, which is fine, but immediately below it asks username/password, what is that for?  Is it to authenticate to NetApp storage or to authenticate to Grafana/Graphite?

Can someone please help?

Kind regards,

3 REPLIES 3

vachagan_gratian

Hi!

This is not for the Graphite server, in the default section you have the option to add parameters that should be used by all your pollers. So if all your pollers should use the same authentication, you can add user/pass/ssl in the default section (otherwise you can specify those for each poller distinctivly). Likewise, you can specify different Graphite servers for different pollers or just one single host where all metrics should be sent.

Hope this helps and thanks for the question, I think it's a bit confusing and I'll make sure to add more explicit explanation there in our next release.

Sheetal15

Thank you.

Sheetal15

Sorry, another question,

I am trying to configure pollers in the netapp-harvest.conf file, which requires hostname, group field values.  How do I find this group field value?

Example

# [INSERT_CLUSTER_OR_CONTROLLER_NAME_HERE_EXACTLY_AS_SHOWN_FROM_CLI_PROMPT]
# hostname = INSERT_IP_ADDRESS_OR_HOSTNAME_OF_CONTROLLER_OR_CLUSTER_LIF_HERE
# group = INSERT_GROUP_IDENTIFIER_HERE

Thanks

Public