Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp-Harvest

it_storage_team

Hi Chris,

We have installed the NetApp-Harvest 1.2.2 few days back and it's pretty nice combination with Grafana.

We use graphite/gragfana for other monitoring and have integrated the netapp-harvest in the same instance.

Somehow we are not able to get the capacity info for the 7-mode filer.

c-dot capacity data is coming from OCUM.

rgds

Vikash

3 REPLIES 3

madden

Hi Vikash,

Harvest doesn't currently have the ability to collect capacity data from UM 5.2 where 7-mode capacity info lives, nor it is included in default templates to collect it directly from 7-mode controllers.  It is technically possible and just wasn't high enough priority for me to code in.  

As you mentioned, Harvest does support collection of capacity info from OCUM 6.x for cDOT systems, so hopefully this is sufficient for future needs.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

Martjas

Hi Chris,

how does it look with capacity info for 7-mode filers? Are you planning to implement it?

Thanks a lot.

With regards

Martin Pika

madden

Hi @Martjas

As 7-mode has mature tooling for capacity management I have put my efforts on other features like support for ONTAP 9, cDOT vscan, etc.  So I would suggest you use Unified Manager 5.2 for capacity management in 7-mode.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Public