Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp OneCollect 1.1 now has expanded capabilities

rjancer

NetApp OneCollect 1.1:  The tool for easy, consolidated diagnostic data collection has expanded capabilities

NetApp OneCollect is a data collection tool that collects data from ONTAP, E-Series, SolidFire, as well as various operating system hosts and switches.  OneCollect tool can be used by Customers, Partners and Internal users.  The collected data is used for troubleshooting, solution validation, migration, and upgrade assessments.  This data will be stored in AutoSupport and presented for use by various other tools like ConfigAdvisor.

New features in OneCollect 1.1

• Collects data and maintains currency with NetApp storage operating systems, host operating systems, and switches and updates the command set used for collecting data from host operating systems, switches, and other devices.
  • Performs Interoperability Matrix Tool (IMT) check and displays the results and recommendations
  • Supports collection from other storage controllers - Isilon Controller
  • Additional log collection from 7-mode and ONTAP clusters, parses storage, host, and FC switch data collection
  • Advanced viewer for storage, host, and FC switch data collection

New enhancements introduced in this version

• Support enhancements for AutoSupport (ASUP)
  • Graphical User Interface (GUI) enhancements for an improved end-to-end user experience
  • “Raw Viewer” has been renamed as “Data View” and other enhancements have been added to the Data View page

Key Features of 1.1 Release

• Can be installed on Windows, Linux and OS X(Mac)
  • Collects data from ONTAP, E-Series, SolidFire, solution-based collection including FlexPod and MCC
  • Collects data from host operating systems including Windows, Linux, VMware ESX, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris
  • Collects FC and network data from Cisco and Brocade switches
  • Collected data can be viewed using OneCollect raw data viewer
  • Supports auto discovery of environment, parallel execution, and scheduling collection jobs
  • Allows collected data to be sent to NetApp AutoSupport for use by assessment and troubleshooting tools

NetApp® OneCollect 1.1

• Requires NetApp Support Site account

Support and Questions

4 REPLIES 4

MARCO_CAMPANA

Hello there, I'm testing OC and it seems very interesting.

I have only 1 problem: I'm not able to use the IMT section... I downloaded all the updated excel report from IMT but OC continue to give the error

Your compatibility matrix for IMT Advisor is older than 30 days, perform the following steps: 
1. Log in to IMT. 
2. From the Header Menu, click Reports > complete daily exports. 
3. Download > FAS_SAN_Host_.xls & SAN-Switch_(FAS,_E-Series)_.xls 
4. Replace the files in the following location. -/Users/< username >/IMTAdvisor/IMTCompatibilityMatrix/ 
5. Click IMT Advisor button to view the supportability.

NithinR

Hi @MARCO_CAMPANA,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused! Could you please confirm if you are using the latest version of OneCollect 1.3? Also, the older IMT files need to be deleted in the path. If the issue persists, we could have a webex session to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Nithin

MARCO_CAMPANA

Hello Nithin, thank for your quick reply!

I confirm that I'm running 1.3 and that the xml was downloaded last week.

I also removed the old version as your suggestion but nothing changed.

NithinR

Hi @MARCO_CAMPANA,

Please let me know your timezone and a convenient timeslot to have a WebEx meeting. I can setup some time today or tomorrow accordingly. You could email to nithinr@netapp.com.

Regards,

Nithin

Public