Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp OneCollect: The tool for easy, consolidated diagnostic data collection

CB_ZF019

This tool's interface is terrible. I often times can't open the software without reinstalling the entire program. Also, my credentials do not work when trying to upload documents to autosupport. Consider revamping this tool, or making another tool available for data collection.

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Pradeep_Palukuri

Hi @CB_ZF019,

Thanks your for the feedback.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.  We have completely redesigned the tool with many features and releasing on November 9th.  Please try the new OneCollect 1.2 release build and let us know your valuable feedback.  I will update you once we have posted OneCollect 1.2 in NetApp Support Site.  If you still face issues with it and also have trouble uploading AutoSupport or with login, we can have WebEx with you.

Thanks,

Pradeep,

OneCollect Product Manager.

aborzenkov

I cannot even start 1.2 (Win 10 64 bit). Nor is it even present in Start Menu (whatever it is called now in Win10). And documentation starts with listing wrong installation directory (32 bit instead of 64 bit).

Can't reach this page

Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this

aborzenkov

And OneCollect.exe is running ...

TCP    127.0.0.1:8044         0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
 [OneCollect.exe]

NithinR

Hi @aborzenkov,

Did you try restarting OneCollect process? What is the error you see while trying to connect -'not reachable', 'server error' or something else? If server error, you could try deleting the Db from <user home directory>/NetApp/OneCollect/Db and try launch again. If it just shows blank page, you could try clearing cache and reloading or try one of the other supported browsers.

Thanks,

Nithin

aborzenkov

@NithinR wrote:

Hi @aborzenkov,

Did you try restarting OneCollect process? What is the error you see while trying to connect -'not reachable', 'server error' or something else? If server error, you could try deleting the Db from <user home directory>/NetApp/OneCollect/Db and try launch again.

Sorry, missed this question. In the meantime I deleted existing installation and reinstalled OneCollect 1.2.1. It does not work. Here is full content of log file after startup:

OneCollect - 2018-01-23 13:42:10,973 - ERROR: 'Overriding PORT to 8044'
OneCollect - 2018-01-23 13:42:13,170 - ERROR: 'Overriding UPDATED to 1.2.1'
OneCollect - 2018-01-23 13:42:13,196 - ERROR: 'Unable to fetch user preference. Preference for user 'admin' is not available.'

Yes, I tried to delete db and nothing changed.

I am very frustrated and disapponited ...

NithinR

Hi @aborzenkov,

The supported browsers for OneCollect 1.2.1 are Chrome (ver 63 or higher), Firefox (ver 55 or higher) and latest Microsoft Edge. If the browser used is in supported category, we could have a Webex to troubleshoot the issue and get it working. Sorry for the inconvenience caused! Please message me your email id.

Thanks,

Nithin

aborzenkov

I have Windows 10 1607 and when I start onecollect Edge is launched. I have no idea whether this Edge is "latest" and I obviously have no way to install "latest and greatest" on corporate system. Nor am I going to replace Firefox ESR with latest Firefox.

You do realize that your application targets corporate market and so cannot expect "latest and greatest" software everywhere, do not you?

aborzenkov

Well, it still does not work. I PM you my e-mail.

Carl_mcnulty

I got the same issue but I got around it by loading OneCollect via it's exe from the administrive command prompt and now it loads but with a blank screen!!

Can someone please help

Many thanks

Carl

NithinR

Hi @Carl_mcnulty,

Looking at the behaviour, it looks like a browser compatibility issue. If the process has started and there is no other exception to start the service, please ensure you are on supported version of browser (Chrome v61 & above, Firefox v55 & above or Edge). If there are any other errors in log related to launch, post it here. Log files can be found at <user home dir>\OneCollectData\LogFiles\.

Thanks,

Nithin

CB_ZF019

Hello,

I have since downloaded your new version of the tool (1.2) and am still unable to login. I will attach a picture of the detailed error message I receive...[object Object]...so you and your team can better troubleshoot what I might be doing incorrectly. 1.2 is definitely more visually appealing. I have yet to run a collection, because I was stopped at the login prompt...again...

Please note that I deleted my username/password for security reasons, but left the error message visible.

NithinR

Hi @CB_ZF019,

Sorry for the inconvenience! This could have been a temporary issue with the sso authentication endpoint. Could you please try again and check if login works? Also, you could skip the login(Cancel) and proceed with data collection and choose to upload data later from 'Upload to AutoSupport' tab.

Thanks,

Nithin

Public