Netapp-harvest Where to get version 2.0

rezkmekhael

6 REPLIES 6

hmoubara

Hello

The latest version is currently 1.6 :

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/tools/tool-eula/netapp-harvest

vachagan_gratian

Hi, Just send my your name, company name and email address. I'll add you to the mailing list and you'll get the alpha package!

rezkmekhael

I did send y my info to your email address 

Thanks

Rezk Mekhael

Greg_Wilson

Hi All

Is there any update on this?

I send over my details but have not heard anything.

eespin

@Greg_Wilson 
Ghratyan sent it out some time back, but it looks like Beta is delayed. The alpha is working for me.

@vachagan_gratian 
Some quick feedback:

1. It wasn't entirely clear to me the number of exporters needed- maybe I misunderstood the implementation but I initially tried to setup multiple pollers (for each of our clusters) to a single "exporter" for prometheus, but I ran into issues with no metrics being scraped, on a closer look it seems that the relationship between exporter and poller is 1:1 or did I make a mistake somewhere? This wasn't clear because the exporter sample yaml was 1 exporter, and 3 pollers (jamaica, etc)- however in the sample prometheus yaml it shows 3 exporters as targets. Again just in examples so I drew my own conclusions. Currently I have setup an exporter for each poller and it seems to be collecting without issue.

2. I'm not getting metrics for all arrays, and it's unclear to me what type of collectors I need to have for each poller. Is there a way to see what will work with our array? We have AFF and FAS in our environment and Ontap is 9.7. Not sure if it's something I'm doing or if I need to manually enable something on the array. I think this would be a good place to start- I'm monitoring other arrays through Prometheus but they have a single api to scrape this for me is new so not sure what to select. 

Thanks for all your and your teams hard work on this- very excited to get this off the ground since it allows us to have a central performance monitor. 

Public