Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

No data to display in "Full Soon Storage" or "Fastest Growing Storage" panes of the Dashboard

adaikkap

Hi Adai,

In the last couple of weeks, we've built 4 new OnCommand servers.  Two of the servers are set up as PA servers only, as per your instructions in the following post.

Customizing  OnCommand/DFM server for Performance Advisor (PA) only functionality.

The other two have only had a single modification made to them; dfm option set perfAdvisorEnable=Disabled.  None of the 4 servers are displaying data in the "Full Soon Storage" or "Fastest Growing Storage" panes of the Dashboard.  They all say "No data to display." where the data should be presented.

I have a fifth OnCommand server that was previously built (version 5.0) with no modifications made to it and the data displays just fine.

Is there something about disabling PA that would cause this issue?

Thanks again!

bt

9 REPLIES 9

adaikkap

Hi BT,

Let me answer your questions one by one.

None of the 4 servers are displaying data in the "Full Soon Storage" or "Fastest Growing Storage" panes of the Dashboard.  They all say "No data to display." where the data should be presented.

In the 2 server where you have made a PA only instance you will only see data in NMC for PA views and charts. You will not see any capacity information for volume or qtrees that are discovered in these servers.

In the 2  servers where you have disabled PA you will  and should see all data except PA views and charts like Volume qtree and aggr used and total spaces.

I have a fifth OnCommand server that was previously built (version 5.0) with no modifications made to it and the data displays just fine.

Do all this 5 OnCommand servers monitors same set of filers or different set of filers ?

Is there something about disabling PA that would cause this issue?

The full soon and fastest growing are capacity based monitoring data.Which are later shown in the dashboard panels. So PA has nothing to do with these to dashboard panel for not showing data. Infact PA has nothing to do with any data that is shown in the OnCommand Console.

Can you check if you see any of the following errors in your dfmserver.log under the <installdir>/DFM/log

dfmserver.log:Feb 08 11:50:29 [dfmserver:ERROR]: [1588:0xb04]: Could not obtain graph objects

Regards

adai

BTW pls upgrade to 5.0.2 which has an important security fix and GA candidate release with some of the regression and bug fixes.

adaikkap

Hi BT,

Are there any vfiler with same host names  and volume names across different filers ? Or do you have vFiler DR setup ?

Regards

adai

cat_towerbe

Adai,

We do have vfilerDR set up.  There are no vfilers with the same name across different vfilers. 

I checked the dfmserver log and we are indeed seeing many "could not obtain graph objects" errors.  How can I fix this?

Of the 5 servers built recently, 2 of the servers monitor a completely unique set of filers.  The other 3 servers do indeed have some overlap of filers they monitor.  I am attaching 2 screen shots of my most recently built 2 servers dashboards.  Note that the 2 monitoring servers and 2 PA servers recently built display the same behaviors.

Monitoring Server

PA Server

As a side note, I installed another server with all functionality on a single server. All of the graphs show up fine on this new machine.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

bt

adaikkap

Hi Bt,

This is a bug in OnCommand 5.0 and is fixed in 5.1. OnCommand Unified Manager 5.1 is few days away from release. Pls raise a case with NGS and assign it to bug597965

Regards

adai

cat_towerbe

Adai,

Thanks for the update.  Are you sure that bug number is correct?  When I look up that number in the Bug Tool, it says no information is available.

bt

adaikkap

The Bug is not public thats the reason you don't see it in the Bug Tool. Add your case and you should be able to see the bug in the bug tool.

Regards

adai

cat_towerbe

Adai,

I've completed the upgrade to 5.1 and as per your comments it did indeed resolve my issues. Not sure I'm a fan of the change to the Availability pane in the dashboard, but at least I have usable data now.

Many thanks!

bt

adaikkap

Hi Bt,

Happy for you. The issue was indeed due to not handling the vfiler DR scenarios. When you say "I am  not a fan of OC 5.1 dashboard availability panel". Can you give me more info on the same as to what you liked in the old OC 5.0 and what you don't like in the OC 5.1 ?

Regards

adai

cat_towerbe

Adai,

Prior to the upgrade to 5.1, the Availability dashboard had 2 graphical bars that displayed the controller and vfiler availability.  Now that's been replaced by two lines of text that simply say "All Controllers are online" and "All vFiler Units are online" with a check mark in front of each line.  I prefer the graphical display.

bt

Public