Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions
we try to get familiar with our new netapp 3120. So my question might be a little stubid, don't know.
We have several volumes and only one LUN in each volume. The LUN is a bit smaller than the volume, so the space overview shoes f.e. this:
94% is used by the LUN, 94.09GB free space.
We enabled storage efficiency on two volumes and it worked fine since yesterday.
One big volume (7.5TB) has one LUN with 6.5TB. But the volume shows 100% used space:
100% is used by the LUN (?).
When I increase the volume nothing happens, it's allways 100% used.
We configured no snapshots, no thin provisioning and no compression. Only Dedub on this volume and on another one. The other one is working fine, this one doesn't.
Has anybody an idea whats going wrong with our configuration?
Thanks in advance
Can you get us the output from cli df -h and the screen shot of what you are describing ?
Filesystem total used avail capacity Mounted on
/vol/vol0/ 137GB 4475MB 133GB 3% /vol/vol0/
/vol/vol0/.snapshot 7424MB 412MB 7011MB 6% /vol/vol0/.snapshot
/vol/VOL1_Windows_Hosts/ 7680GB 7680GB 0GB 100% /vol/VOL1_Windows_Hosts/
/vol/VOL1_Windows_Hosts/.snapshot 0TB 0TB 0TB ---% /vol/VOL1_Windows_Hosts/.snapshot
/vol/VOL2_Linux_Hosts/ 1228GB 1210GB 18GB 99% /vol/VOL2_Linux_Hosts/
/vol/VOL2_Linux_Hosts/.snapshot 0TB 0TB 0TB ---% /vol/VOL2_Linux_Hosts/.snapshot
Thanks and regards
I think we've got a solution!
The parameter "fractional_reserve" was 100%. After decreasing this parameter to 5% everything is fine. At this time we do not work with snapshots, so we will correct this parameter later on.
Thanks for thinking about our problem!