Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCI 7.1.1 Error message - "Unknown Director Type"

JBARBALACE

Hello,

Curious about an acquisition error that we are getting for two Symmetrix arrays that I haven't seen before:

"Unknown Director Type :Unknown"

I tried to search for this in the KB, but I might be missing it.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Julia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ostiguy

Hey Julia,

Something slightly funky with one of your arrays, and the RDF director information.

I have taken your OCI datasource recording, and tried simulating it with OCI 7.1.2, and the post 7.1.2 Symmetrix datasource patch - neither changes the failure condition on the problematic array.

Open a support case, and tell them this is engineering issue ICI-3438 (which I just opened on your behalf), and that I tried simulating this recording on 7.1.2 and the latest 7.1.2 patch, and neither helped.

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ostiguy

Hey Julia,

Something slightly funky with one of your arrays, and the RDF director information.

I have taken your OCI datasource recording, and tried simulating it with OCI 7.1.2, and the post 7.1.2 Symmetrix datasource patch - neither changes the failure condition on the problematic array.

Open a support case, and tell them this is engineering issue ICI-3438 (which I just opened on your behalf), and that I tried simulating this recording on 7.1.2 and the latest 7.1.2 patch, and neither helped.

Matt

JBARBALACE

Very good to know, thanks!  I'll get a case opened today.

We will be upgrading to 7.1.2 after the new year.

Thanks again!

Julia

Public