Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCI 7.3.3 DWH Installation Windows 2016

sstrznwra

Hello

Does anyone have experience with OCI 7.3.3 DWH installation on Windows Server 2016.
The KB article https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1083108/loc/en_US#__highlight 

describes the problem but the solution does not work .

Thanks Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ostiguy

Hey Michael,

I have not been very closely involved with the DWH installation pain in OCI 7.3.3, but my understanding is that all the pain is due to Cognos 11.0+ switching to using an Informix database, and this Informix database is trying to create local or domain user accounts at install time to use as a service account. Therefore, the pain is resulting from environments running security hardening that prohibits user account creation and/or enforces certain password complexity and therefore is unrelated to which Windows version you are installing the DWH on.

Matt

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ostiguy

Hey Michael,

I have not been very closely involved with the DWH installation pain in OCI 7.3.3, but my understanding is that all the pain is due to Cognos 11.0+ switching to using an Informix database, and this Informix database is trying to create local or domain user accounts at install time to use as a service account. Therefore, the pain is resulting from environments running security hardening that prohibits user account creation and/or enforces certain password complexity and therefore is unrelated to which Windows version you are installing the DWH on.

Matt

Public