Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCI DWH - Failed to connect to OCI-Server

sanadmin_stadtdo

We are using OCI 7.0.4 and would upgrade to the latest version soon.

By checking the DWH we found some aborted jobs and some messages like:

- License: connector 'asocis01' (= OCI-Server) FAILED

- Inventory: connector 'asocis01 FAILED

By testing the connector we got the Error: 

"Failed to connect to 'asocis01': null, message from server: "Host 'asocdw01.stadtdo.de' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'"

I am not very familiar with mysql - how do I use this command? If I do it like this, nothing happens, but an error:

D:\SANscreen\mysql\bin>mysql -h asocdw01 -u dwhuser -p

Enter password: *********

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.

Your MySQL connection id is 97393

Server version: 5.5.45-enterprise-commercial-advanced MySQL Enterprise Server - Advanced Edition (Commercial)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2015, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> mysqladmin flush-hosts
    -> ;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mysql admin flush-hosts' at line 1
mysql>

The mysql-docu shows, that syntax is correct.

What's wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Michael

3 REPLIES 3

ostiguy

Hey Michael,

I believe that command only works with root level mysql permissions.

Restarting the mysql service will flush this condition.

Functionally, mysql has almost like a firewall configuration - if it receives I think 10 failed logins from one IP address, subsequent connections from that IP address will experience the blocking you have encountered.

What is generating the failed connections to mysql? Did someone change the credentials inside a connector?

sanadmin_stadtdo

Hello ostiguy,

after restart mysql and testing the connector (Connectors ==> Test) I gotan other Error:

"Failed to connect to 'asocis01': Prime size must be multiple of 64, and can only range from 512 to 1024 (inclusive)"

But where I can set these values? The connector does not need these information apparently!?

Thanks a lot

Michael

The connecting problems exist already for a long time, since the update from 7.0.2 to 7.0.4.

ostiguy

That sounds like a cryptography-related error message. Is the connector configured to use SSL? Try disabling that

Public