Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCPM Rule documentation?

RonB

We recently installed OnCommand Plug-in 4.1 for Microsoft and are now getting tons of alerts related to our FAS's.

I have read through the IAG and it lists all of the management pack rules, but doesn't go into detail as to what each rule is checking, or how to resolve the issues that are reported.

The one I am seeing most often is:

Clustered Data ONTAP: Cluster Peer State Monitor

Alert Description:

The Cluster Peer Monitor monitors the OnCommand event log for events generated by the Cluster Peer State Monitoring Rule and generates corresponding Operations Manager alerts.

I have looked in the event log on both of the FAS's referenced in the alert around the time the alert was created, and I don't see anything related to cluster peering. The 'view additional knowledge' link in SCOM is equally unhelpful. 

Is there in-depth documentation available on these rules to help me determine exactly what is wrong and correct it?

2 REPLIES 2

Renifa

RonB,

Try the following TR. It has all the advance troubleshooting options. 

http://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4354.pdf

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP12423523

Hope this helps. 

Renifa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

davidv

I finally got to look into this yet.

Peering alert was introduced in OCPM 4.1 for MCC.

Functional spec for 4.1 states to possible conditions

Cluster peer

Check that cluster peer is available: "unavailable" , "available" ,"partial" , "pending"

Cluster Peer Status Monitor

20100 - OK - Cluster Peer status is good.   -> Equates to Cluster Peer is "available"

20102 - Critical- Cluster Peer status is bad -> Equates to Cluster Peer is "unavailable" , "available" ,"partial" , "pending"

mva-mcc2-3250-a1_SiteA::security login role> cluster peer show

Peer Cluster Name         Cluster Serial Number Availability   Authentication

------------------------- --------------------- -------------- --------------

mva-mcc2-3250-b1_SiteB   1-80-000011           Available     ok

I filed a burt to address this:

BURT: New bug 955446 [3B] - "Knowledge Text for Cluster Peer Monitor needs explain what a critical state means and how to resolve it."

Knowledge Text for Cluster Peer Monitor needs improvment.

It to explain what a critical state means and how to resolve it.

Right now it is just the generic template:

---------------- Knowledge text --------------------------------------

Summary

The Cluster Peer Monitor monitors the OnCommand event log for events generated by the Cluster Peer State Monitoring Rule and generates corresponding Operations Manager alerts.

Here is info form the functional spec and from the cDOT CLI:

Public