Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM 6.4 for windows

masson

Hello,

I encountered several problem with fresh install of OCUM6.4P1 under windows and OPM2.1P1 under redhat.

OCUM and OPM are fully integrated.

The performance link from OCUM works, and correctly open OPM interface.

I'm not able to add a cluster into OCUM without indicated any application instance for OPM

error message is : "Cluster failed. Failed to fetch HTTPS certificate from ip. Enter a valid Host Name or Port"

This error occur for my first HA pair (i'm trying to add into ocum a 4 node metrocluster)

The second HA pair can be added into OCUM only without indicated application instance.

If i select my OPM instance in the list available, the add or save of this cluster failed with the same error above (about fetching HTTPS certificate)

Where are located the OCUM log files?

For your information i'm also not able to log into integrated system manager from my first HA pair.

The second HA pair allow login into integrated system manager

TIA

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

masson

I have corrected the system manager problem on the first cluster.

But i still have problem with both cluster to save/modify OCUM configuration to enable performance with the instance name of my fully integrated OPM.

TIA

Regards

masson

Here is a capture of the screen witht the corresponding error :

pb_ocum_opm_bollore.jpg

TIA

Regards

miguelvalls

My problem is worst, I cant even install OCUM 6.4P1, it fails and uninstall. in the Application log I have this error:

Log Name: Application
Source: MsiInstaller
Date: 18-07-2016 04:00:05 p.m.
Event ID: 1043
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: SYSTEM
Computer: xxxxxx
Description:
Failed to end a Windows Installer transaction . Error 5 occurred while ending the transaction.

nothing relevant, there is not much information about the error and how to fix it.

any help?

regards,

Miguel Valls

Raviere

Hi Masson can you explain exactly what you do on system manager for your fist ha pair to add it to ocum ?

Ian_Davies

Anyone manage to Fix this...I am having exactly the same issue.

What i've done so far....

Deployed OnCommand UM 7.0 appliance

Regenerated SSL certs on our CDOT 8.2.1 clusters

Added the CDOT 8.2.1P1 clusters to the UM config

Created an event publisher user in UM

Deployed OnCommand Performance Manager 7.0 appliance

Completed full UM integration from PM console

From the UM GUI - attempted to edit the existing clusters under the section "Link OnCommand Performance Manager with the Cluster (Recommended)

From there I select the name of my PM instance from the drop down, click save, then get the following error: 

"Cluster edit failed. Failed to fetch the HTTPS certificate from <cluster>. Enter a valid Hostname or Port.

masson

Hello,

I've not follow this issue to the end and open a case with support.

It seam that the issue was from a firewall rule not opened between netapp and OCUM FQDN and OPM FQDN

HTH

Regards.

Public