Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM 7.3 upgrade package unreleased?

danielv

Hi,

I'm not able to find the OCUM 7.3 upgrade package, on the software portal it says it's pending to be released. Right now only the OVA is available.
Do you have an estimated release date? We upgraded from 7.0 to 7.1 using the ISO but are now stuck to go to 7.3

We won't migrate any performance data so we won't need to go through 7.2.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ruijuan

HI all,

The 7.3GA replacement ISO for the upgrade on VMware platfrom was just released.

Thanks,

Ruijuan

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

niels

Hi Daniel,

there were customer reported upgrade failures, so the upgrader has been pulled back as a precaution.

The Root Cause is understood. Build qualification is in process. Please be patient a little longer.

Personally I had the chance to download the upgrade ISO when it was still available and I did not have issues during the upgrade - but better safe than sorry...

Kind regards, Niels

danielv

Hi Niels,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check then again as of next week.

Best regards,

Daniel

ruijuan

Daniels, please see the details at: 

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1142519

We are working on the fix and hopefully it will be available very soon.

Thanks,

Ruijuan

nicholsongc

If the condition ONLY applies to previously upgraded installs of 6.2 or earlier why can't those of us who are attempting a FRESH install of 7.1 get the package and get on with our lives????

nicholsongc

Correction... those of us attempting an UPGRADE of a FRESH install of 7.1....

ruijuan

Niels, the upgrade failure only happened if the system was originally upgraded from 6.2. Please see the details at Bugs Online.

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1142519

Thanks,

Ruijuan

danielv

Hi,

Thanks for the updates. That's bad news... I guess wil continue checking on the bug link for further actions

Best regards

ruijuan

We have a fix and validated. Expect a week or so before it's posted. Thanks for the patience.

danielv

Hi Ruijuan,

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the package release

Best regards

ruijuan

HI all,

The 7.3GA replacement ISO for the upgrade on VMware platfrom was just released.

Thanks,

Ruijuan

danielv

Hi Ruijuan,

Thank you. I was able to download correctly and the upgrade has been successful.

Best regards,

riteshagra

Hi Daniel,

Do you have an upgrade plan for OCUM 7.3.

I will be performing an upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3 for the first time and was looking for a consolidated plan which I could use.

Please let me know if you have one and can possibly share it with me.

Regards,

Ritesh

danielv

Hi Ritesh,

I didn't create a proper upgrade plan, I just took a VM snapshot before starting, but the process is very straight-forward. You just login at OS level in the system and from the menu you choose to upgrade, it will guide you through the process, it actually askes you to shutdown the system and take the snapshot to be safe. Then you need to load the ISO file in the virtual drive and proceed, after some time you reboot and all is done

Best regards,

Daniel

riteshagra

Thanks Daniel!

The ISO seems to be for upgrading OCUM from a VMware vSphere environment.

I found the .exe for ocum upgrade from windows.

I hope its an easy upgrade and does not take long.  I have to do a OTNAP upgrade later on 😞

nicholsongc

I just spoke to support.  No ETA for the update as of this morning and the previous image is NOT available for those of us upgrading from a fresh install of 7.2,

Public