Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Highlighted

OCUM 9.4 build in report Qtree Capacity and Utilization shows incorrect filtered Values

Hello Community!

 

I am trying to slightly customize the OCUM 9.4 build-in Qtree Capacity and Utilization Report to summarize

 

if a Qtree Disk Used % is above 80 %.

 

But when i customize this report (within OCUM) to filter out values below 80 as an Advanced Filter

 

qtreeDiskUsedPercent>=80 and quotaType = Tree and diskLimit!=Unlimited

then i get the intended Disk Used % Values, as well as Values between 8.00 and 9.99 Percent.

 

I suppose this is not how the filter is meant to work.

 

Please help me that i can get only the values above 80 % Disk Used Percentage in the Report.

For better Understanding kindly see the attached Screenshot with the wrong values marked in yellow.

 

(if it is helping, i've installed OCUM first in version 6.3 and since then upgraded always to the the latest versions and now i'm using version 9.4)

 

thank you for your help,

 

yours,

Martin

 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: OCUM 9.4 build in report Qtree Capacity and Utilization shows incorrect filtered Values

Hi,

 

Disk Used % column in Qtree Capacity and Utilization report is of data type "String" and not "Integer" because it can also have "Not Applicable" as a valid value when Disk Hard/Soft limit are set to Unlimited. As, this is a string column, filter is taking 80 as a string parameter and displaying result in the range of 8-9.99 and 80-99.99.

 

As a workaround, we can export the Qtree report in Excel and filter out the value greater than 80.

 

Thanks and Regards,

Sudip.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: OCUM 9.4 build in report Qtree Capacity and Utilization shows incorrect filtered Values

Hello Sudip!

 

Thank you for your explanation. Now i understand the background of this 'error'. I check with my internal report-receivers wheater the excel-report (with follow-up filtering by them) or the text-report (with specific looking by them) is better suited for their needs.


<make-a-wish-mode>

Maybe in a coming version a programmatic workaround (extra/temporary table with data-type conversion of the mentioned column) inside OCUM could be a reachable goal by the developers of OCUM. I think such a report would simplify things.

</make-a-wish-mode>

 

 

Check out the KB!
Knowledge Base
All Community Forums