Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM database tables data

GGIBBS

I have a question regarding the data that is in some tables/fields in the OCUM database. For example, there is a table called: aggregatehistoryyear, and there are ten (10) fields in the table. 

Can someone tell me what data is in the following fields:

* dfKBytesUsedSum

* dfKBytesTotal

The reason I am asking is that the data in the table does NOT match with the OCUM GUI is showing, for aggregate usage.

Hopefully, someone can explain what the data in the database tables represents. Even better would be to have a document that describes how the data get populated.

Thanks,

Geoff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dhiman

G'day Geoff, 

It will not match. As explained, the GUI shows averaged aggregation for the "past 72 hours" whereas the DB shows sampling from polling intervals (much granular). 

Please consider the following usecase:

1. Somebody wants to know the health across this cluster, he will look at GUI

2. For critical vectors, user will need detailed data, which is why he will scan DB data, for more granular information.

hope this helps!

Thanks,

Dhiman

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dhiman

Hi,

Very valid question, what you see in the GUI are averaged for 72 hours, whereas the DB shows hourly averages for 30 days. 

Thanks, 

Dhiman

GGIBBS

Dhiman,

thank you for the response. However, the data still does not match. 

Geoff

Dhiman

G'day Geoff, 

It will not match. As explained, the GUI shows averaged aggregation for the "past 72 hours" whereas the DB shows sampling from polling intervals (much granular). 

Please consider the following usecase:

1. Somebody wants to know the health across this cluster, he will look at GUI

2. For critical vectors, user will need detailed data, which is why he will scan DB data, for more granular information.

hope this helps!

Thanks,

Dhiman

Ajaykb

Are you accessing the OCUM GUI from a different time zone & your OCUM server hosted in a different time zone ? 

Public