Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Highlighted

OM query dfm perf data

Hello again,

i have another "little" problem.

I could list this information with :

dfm perf counter list filer:logical_replication_destination:*:*:*

i got for example thist output:

logical_replication_destination L5S:/vol/f5_vm_esx81/lun81->LXSAN3:/vol/f3_vm_esx81_mir/lun81 num_restarts     none basic

Now i would query this Objetc L5S:/vol/f5_vm_esx81/lun81->LXSAN3:/vol/.....

now my problem:

dfm perf data retrieve -o filer:L5S/vol/f5_vm_esx81/lun81->LXSAN3:/vol/f3_vm_esx81/lun81 -C logical_replication_destination:network_read_rate -s 900 -M SEP

will not work because : is a delimiter and the Object has : in his name. What is the right command Syntax with this kind of Object?

Regards Martin

OM query dfm perf data

Hi Martin,

Its recommended to use object Id instead of Object name.

Please try using object Id for -o option,  or you can try putting double quotes on the object name .

Thanks.

Re: OM query dfm perf data

Ok, where could i get the object Id for this object? I have searched in many Documentatitions but i found no example. I know only this command to resolve the objetcs:

dfm perf counter list filer:*:*:*:*

Regards

Martin

Hello Martin,

You can get the object id for various instances under different object type by executing the following command

$ dfm <object-type>  list -q  <filer>

Like for example where daood is the filer

$dfm aggr list -q   dawood

$ dfm qtree list -q dawood

$dfm volume list -q dawood

The above command output having one column is "ID" which specifies the object id corresponding to the instance.

Now this object-type should be listed when you use the "dfm help" command like if you execute the below command

$dfm help

This will list aggr, lun, volume, qtree on the output. You can try also "$dfm <object-type>  list help" for details.

Thanks,

Bipul

Hi,

I don't think 'dfm perf data retrieve' CLI supports unmanaged objects. 'logical_replication_destination' is an unmanaged object. Further PA doesn't collect data for this object by default.

The workaround for you could be

* Create a custom view

* Add the selected counter/instance pair (i.e., logical_replication_desination:<counter-name>:<instance-name>)

From this moment, PA shall start collecting data for the counter/instance pair.

Forums