Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OSSV NDMP Host ID

jhubert

Is there anyway to view an OSSV Server's NDMP Host ID?

I am working with a customer who pushed out a common snapvault.cfg to the OSSV clients and are now seeing duplicate ID messages when trying to add new hosts.

Thanks,

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3

kryan

You can view the NDMP Host ID in the "SnapVault" tab of the OSSV Configurator (assuming a Windows based systems) or using the svhostid executable in the install path (C:\Program Files\NetApp\snapvault\bin>svhostid.exe in Windows).

Kevin

jhubert

Why does SVhostid.exe report a different ID when run multiple times?

Since the updated snapvault.cfg file would have the same ID in this scenario, I was hoping to find it from the controller or OnCommand side.

Jeff Hubert

kryan

You are correct - the id produced by that command changes each time and I am unable to find any support documentation for it.  I missed that it was changing when I ran it multiple times yesterday, however I have verified that it did not change the ID viewable in the OSSV Configurator, which remains the original value on my system.

The Install and Admin guide states on page 68-69:

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMM1278870

NDMP Host ID

Indicates a unique identifier that the Open Systems SnapVault agent fills automatically. This identifier is used by NDMP-based management applications to identify the primary storage system. You must not modify this field.

So if these hosts do not yet have working SnapVault relationships I recommend reinstalling OSSV on them to ensure unique host ids. 

Kevin

Public