Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand 5.0 Jobs failing with Job Terminated abnormally

michaeldparker

Hi All,

I upgraded my DFM 4.0.2 to OnComannd 5.0 last week and I thought it was successful, but for two differnent nights now, I have had multiple Dataset protection jobs fail.  The first time it occurred, every job from Sunday failed.  Since my install was new, I performed a reboot on Monday morning and bumped my memory up to 6GB; I had been noticing memory consumption was high and I couldn't remember if I had rebooted after the upgrade.

Now, just last night (Tuesday night), I had multiple dataset protection jobs fail, but not all.  This morning, I was able to manually start a new job on one dataset that needed to be updated and it seems to be running fine.  I attempted to start a few more and they hung out as queued for awhile before finally failing.  If I look at the Completed jobs steps window, all failed jobs only have two entries.  The first entry merely states Progess and Job terminated abnormally for the description.  The 2nd step states End.

My OnCommand 5.0 server is running as a VM on ESX 4.1.  The OS of the VM is Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise so my install is 64 bit of course.  This is the same VM that I had been running 4.0.2 on as I had performed an upgrade.  I have given the OS 2 CPU's and 6GB of Ram.  I noticed that even at 6GB, task manager shows my memory usage staying steady at 5.6GB.

Thanks in advance for the help.  Please let me know if you need any further information.  I'm going to open a ticket with support as well and I will update this post if support has any resolutions.

Thanks

Mike

11 REPLIES 11
Public