Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand 5 jobs hung queued

michaeldparker

Hi All,

I have serveral jobs that were created by the OnCommand host (they are create relationship jobs) that are in the Job status of "Queued".  I rebooted my OnCommand server multiple times.  Each time I open the MMC, the jobs are still there showing as queued.  In addition, I have tried using dfpm job abort.  The first time I issued the command, the command just dropped to the cmd line with no output.  Now if i run the command again, it says the jobs are already aborted, but a dfpm job detail still shows them as queued and my mmc reflects the same.  These jobs have been out on my server for multiple days now.  Any thoughts on how to clear them from the display?

Thanks

Michael

5 REPLIES 5

arunchak

HI Michael,

If you want to remove those jobs from display, try "dfpm job purge"

dfpm job purge help

NAME

purge -- remove old data protection and provisioning jobs from the database

SYNOPSIS

dfpm job purge [ -a ] <time-period>}

DESCRIPTION

Purge old successful jobs whose completion time is

older than (now - time-period).  time-period is

specified in a flexible time format.

Only successful jobs are purged unless -a option is

specified.  Examples of time period: 4m, "2.5 hours",

"15 secs", etc.

Thanks,

Arun

arunchak

But Please note - it will remove all the old jobs depending on the time-period you provide. So use it only if its okay for you. Also, you can take a backup of the DFM db before running this so that the jobs would be present in the backup incase you want them.

pukale

If you want to avoid this issue in future, please set periodially purge option using below command:

# dfbm options list purgeJobsOlderThan

Option             Value
------------------ ------------------------------
purgeJobsOlderThan off
#

Set it to a value then all jobs older than that value are purged.This job purge happens everyday at midnight.

michaeldparker

Thank you both for your replies.  Unfortunately that did not help.  I guess because they are still showing as queued, purge cannot recognize them as jobs it can remove.  I don't need old job history so I did do dfpm job purge -a "1 hours" and everything but active jobs and the queued hung jobs were removed.

Thanks

Michael

arunchak

HI Michael,

There seems to be a BURT for this 379483. (Server create relationship jobs may be queued forever).

WORKAROUND:

Contact NetApp Global Services to get rid of such queued job entries.

The public report in the BURT suggests that NGS has a procedure to remove these items from the db. I would prefer you contact them before trying anything as they may have a vetted process.

Thanks,

Arun

Public