Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Re: OnCommand Core 5.0 - perfdata directory setting problem!

wrong search tool.

Use this one:

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol

regards

impressing...

Looks like the BURT is not public yet. My internal view looks a little different.

regards, Niels

Hi Niels

there are way too many burts "internal only" these days, I remember the other days just too well.

There is NO real reason to keep such a burt internal only, correct?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm not a BURT expert so I don't know all the gory details, but AFAIK for a BURT to appear as public somebody has to look at it and at least provide a description. Looks like this BURT is not as far along the process.

The good thing though - the BURT is there and cannot be ignored. It has to be processed at some point ;-)

regards, Niels

rle Netapp Alumni

I have added a request to the burt to make it public.

- Rick -

Hi guys, 

Would this burt perhaps be related to my problem as well?  My OnCommand 5 DB backups (snapshot backups)

began failing.  In trouble shooting it with an archive backup type , DFM seems to believe my perfdata is located on my D drive where I didn't even have a folder for at the path listed.  I can clearly see that it is writing the data on my E still, which is where it should be so that my snapshots work.  I restarted the whole server a week ago.  How is a service restart going to differ in fixing the problem as opposed to a reboot?

Thanks

I finally was able to restart my dfm services per the list BURT and now my perfdata path points back to the correct location and I can once again take snapshot backups of my OnCommand DB.  Any ideas when this BURT will be fixed?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

This is being targeted for the GA release of 5.0.1. BTW can you add your case to this burt or share your case # for the same?

Regards

adai

Thanks for the information. That is good to know. I have not opened a case yet, but I’ll go open one up and have it attached to the BURT.

Thanks

Forums