Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

OnCommand / DFM data linking to Visio objects

I am investigating the possibility of linking Visio drawings / objects to the external data contained in DFM for the sake of simplicity.  Per the Visio documentation linking to an external DB relationship is possible, but I can't find anything yet from the NetApp OnCommand/ DFM resources which provides any detail about the middleware / ODBC links into the MySQL DB.  We updated to OC v5.2 recently and are also looking into migrating towards using Balance.  Any pointers / suggestions on the methods for connecting to the DFM DB would be helpful.

Thanks

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: OnCommand / DFM data linking to Visio objects

I have Balance running but haven't got DFM setup yet. Balance is nice for sorting issues and viewing over all performance but I've found its not great for lun/volume level stats without hooking the host into Balance too.

It's also quite a black box. I would personally push forwards with linking into DFM as my impression is that it is far more flexible and featured.

Highlighted

Re: OnCommand / DFM data linking to Visio objects

Hi Jeff,

Pls refer  TR 3690 - Access to DataFabric Manager and Performance Advisor Data Using Database Access and Data Export\

This explains how to access the DFM DB, via a ODBC or JDBC connection. But this is restricted only to the Database views and not all data contained in the db.

Regards

adai

Try the NEW Knowledgebase!
NetApp KB Site
Forums