Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Insight 7.2: "Too complex to display" in "Topology" pane of some volume objects

blackburnj

Hi folks,

In the OnCommand Insight 7.2 web interface, I see the message "Too complex to display" in the "Topology" pane of some volume objects. I don't remember seeing this in previous versions of Insight.  Would anyone happen to know of a workaround that permits topology diagrams to be displayed in situations which Insight evaluates as "too complex"?

This is a pretty big problem for my colleagues and I.  The topology diagrams help us to meet a regulatory requirement that would otherwise be overwhelmingly labor-intensive.  Losing the topology diagram capability would destroy a lot of Insight's value to us.

Thanks,

Jim Blackburn

7 REPLIES 7

ostiguy

Hey Jim,

This is the first I have heard of this - apparently this change was made because of slow page load times in certain situations.

I'd like to chat with you via email - ping me at ostiguy at netapp dot com. I am curious to know what types of configurations this occurs in, and if you are sending OCI ASUP

Thanks

Matt

sstrznwra

Hi Matt

I see the same in 7.2.1 " Too complex to Display" the Topology

sstrznwra

Hi,

we have this by Brocade and Cisco Switches, in OCI 7.1 the topology view is correct, in 7.2.1 "too complex to display"

thanks

Michael

blackburnj

@ostiguy wrote:

Hey Jim,

This is the first I have heard of this - apparently this change was made because of slow page load times in certain situations.

I'd like to chat with you via email - ping me at ostiguy at netapp dot com. I am curious to know what types of configurations this occurs in, and if you are sending OCI ASUP

Thanks

Matt

That's unfortunate.  We need the topology diagram capability in all situations, regardless of how long it might take for the diagram to be generated and/or loaded.  Affected configuration is a volume provisioned from a storage virtualization device.  Autosupport is not enabled on the Insight installation, and I don't think it's likely that the feature would ever be authorized.

Thank you,

Jim Blackburn

sstrznwra

hi Jim

I have contacted Matt via e-mail, we will send a ASUP from our OCI 7.2.1 to Netapp

br Michael

LovedeepSran

Any update on this? I have a same problem for Brocade switches.

@sstrznwra wrote:

hi Jim

I have contacted Matt via e-mail, we will send a ASUP from our OCI 7.2.1 to Netapp

br Michael

sstrznwra

hi,

it's long time ago , in the meantime we use OCI 7.3.2, but I rember me to this issue.

I think on the OCI Server you can config this in

https://<ociserver>/legacy/tools/all.do

Parameters

TOPOLOGY_PATH_MAX 150 (default)

we enlarge to 750

Michael

Public