Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Insight Brocade DataSource - PeerZoning

INGO_REPINZ

Hello,

does anyone use PeerZoning in fabrics collected by the OCI Datasource "Brocade SSH"?

We are planning to, but I do not see any mention on the DataSource Matrix and also the infromation request with support did only yield mixed results.

Does anyone use it already and has some advice? PeerZoning is quite a nice feature, as it reduces the number of zones drasticaly, so less to maintain. And the later FOS versions are also supporting now the aliases, that's why we are drawn to this feature.

Best regards

Ingo

cheers Ingo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

suren

Hi Ingo,

We currently don't officially support this feature.  We have rasied internal IFR to Engineering Team for this request.

Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Surendra.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RajeshPanda

@INGO_REPINZ  are you still loking for the solution?

INGO_REPINZ

@RajeshPanda , yes we do! Soon we will build the new Fabrics and there we are switching to PeerZoning. So yes I do seek a solution for this. We will use the aliases in the PeerZones, this optin was not available a long time, but in the more recent versions of FOS I was informed that it will be supported.

cheers Ingo

cheers Ingo

suren

Hi Ingo,

We currently don't officially support this feature.  We have rasied internal IFR to Engineering Team for this request.

Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Surendra.

INGO_REPINZ

Hello Suren,

we had changed our Zoning now to PeerZoning and I think, we have luck, that we had identified almost all hosts before, so OCI was able to cope with it. I have to keep an eye on it, as we add new hosts to our infrastructure.

Due to our naming-convention, I see that AR is able to do something with it.

Anyhow it would be great if you could keep us updated on this topic.

Best regards

Ingo

cheers Ingo
Public